Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

How does the MultiQuote function work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the MultiQuote function work?

Can someone help me with the MultiQuote function when replying to a post? When I click the multipost button nothing seems to happen except that a check appears on it. I was rather hoping that the indicated post would be copied with each paragraph/reply broken up into separate quotes so that I can reply inline.

TIA

Check two different posts then hit reply on one of those or another one. It will show each selection quoted separately in the reply box.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

[QUOTE=AlphaBravo;159836]Can someone help me with the MultiQuote function when replying to a post? When I click the multipost button nothing seems to happen except that a check appears on it. I was rather hoping that the indicated post would be copied with each paragraph/reply broken up into separate quotes so that I can reply inline.

TIA[/QUOTE ]

[QUOTE=Teallaura;159899]Check two different posts then hit reply on one of those or another one. It will show each selection quoted separately in the reply box.[/QUOTE ]

Which looks like this - without the added spaces in the quote tags (I did that because I was too lazy to do screen prints).
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBravo View Post
        Can someone help me with the MultiQuote function when replying to a post? When I click the multipost button nothing seems to happen except that a check appears on it. I was rather hoping that the indicated post would be copied with each paragraph/reply broken up into separate quotes so that I can reply inline.

TIA
        Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Check two different posts then hit reply on one of those or another one. It will show each selection quoted separately in the reply box.
        Originally posted by AlphaBravo View Post

TIA

Which looks like this - without the added spaces in the quote tags (I did that because I was too lazy to do screen prints).

And like this when you're all finished answering!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nice, I'll start to use this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Nice, I'll start to use this.
            What have we done.......
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

For rogue06 regarding this post:

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              After reading each of these I would look at the photo again. Each of y'all are correct.

Can you post that in plain text so I can see how that multi-quote worked? I can't figure it out.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Can you post that in plain text so I can see how that multi-quote worked? I can't figure it out.
                That was under the old system - I can't make the new one work.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That was under the old system - I can't make the new one work.
                  Rogue was able to get it to work in the post I quoted, it could be witchcraft. We may need to burn Rogue
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Rogue was able to get it to work in the post I quoted, it could be witchcraft. We may need to burn Rogue
                    You misspelled 'ban'.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You misspelled 'ban'.
                      I had this in mind

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

As rogue's are wont to do ... I cheated.

I simply copy pasta'd each quote with out adding the end quote portion then put all three end quotes at the end of the post

f1e48f7c-1b4b-4001-b252-a9acbd328403.jpg

resulting in this...

Originally posted by A
                        Just
                        Originally posted by B
                        Originally posted by C
                        This

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• rogue06
                          rogue06 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The [ QUOTE=B] should be [QUOTE=B] with no spacing

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        As rogue's are wont to do ... I cheated.

I simply copy pasta'd each quote with out adding the end quote portion then put all three end quotes at the end of the post

f1e48f7c-1b4b-4001-b252-a9acbd328403.jpg

resulting in this...

That makes a lot of sense, like nesting in Excel. I was doing it like full quotes within quotes. I feel a bit stupid now...
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, like nesting in Excel. I was doing it like full quotes within quotes. I feel a bit stupid now...
                          Weird, I could have sworn I got multiquote working under the new system, but I can't get it to now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Weird, I could have sworn I got multiquote working under the new system, but I can't get it to now.
                            Try this method.

Comment