Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Another hack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another hack.

The latest affects these companies
    •Anthem Blue Cross
    •Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
    •Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia
    •Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield
    •Amerigroup
    •Caremore
    •Unicare
    •Healthlink
    •DeCare

All owned by Anthem

Check your online accounts and change the user id and password on anyone that has the same id and password as your Anthem account.

Check every credit report from now on for suspicious activity.

Check every email from Anthem or its subsidiaries and make sure it is not fake.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

My sister works for Anthem and she told me about it on Monday morning. It happened this past weekend. That's a pretty quick notice to the public compared to some other breaches we have seen recently.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Any email you get regarding the Anthem data breach is likely to be phishing. Go directly to the Anthem website, don't click on any link in any email unless you're sure it's OK.
      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Anthem will contact anyone affected by the breach through the US Mail. They will not send out emails.

Our company used Anthem in the past and we got this info from them:

--
        Anthem, a large health insurance provider in the U.S., recently experienced a data breach affecting approximately 80 million people. The data affected includes personal information of current and former participants in Anthem health plans (e.g., names, addresses, email addresses, social security numbers). Anthem is working diligently to identify the affected individuals.

Anthem has provided the following details:

 Anthem will individually notify current and former members whose information has been accessed.
         Anthem will provide credit monitoring and identity protection services free of charge for those who have been affected.
         Anthem has created a dedicated website (www.AnthemFacts.com) where members can access information, such as frequently asked questions and answers.
         Anthem has established a dedicated toll-free number that both current and former members can call if they have questions related to this incident. That number is: 1-877-263-7995.

Comment

You can also get a free credit report at:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

Comment