Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Microsoft's upcoming browser 300x better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's upcoming browser 300x better?

After reading the article linked below, your opinion ("Nah, 300x worse") and explanation ("Won't run on my setup")?

http://www.komando.com/happening-now...times-better/2
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Maybe they should call the new browser "Ketchup", cause, Microsoft just seems to be playing "Catch up" to everybody else.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Curious... I only wonder whether HTML Help authored files (*.chm) will still be supported.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Maybe they should call the new browser "Ketchup", cause, Microsoft just seems to be playing "Catch up" to everybody else.
        Oh, wow, that would mean browsers by other groups are 400x better or whatever. What browsers?
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
          Oh, wow,
          And gosh gee willikers!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It'll be good for one thing only. Download Firefox or Chrome.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              It'll be good for one thing only. Download Firefox or Chrome.
              What thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                What thing?
                Downloading Firefox or Chrome of course. Duh.

Comment

Oh, a joke.

Comment

I won't be using Chrome. I demand the ability to open links directly in a new tab. Chrome won't.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      I won't be using Chrome. I demand the ability to open links directly in a new tab. Chrome won't.
                      Uh, holding left-control (or ctrl in general) when clicking on a link will open it in a new tab when using Chrome. As will right-clicking on a link and selecting "open link in new tab" (or whatever the option is called in the English version of Chrome) in the dropdown menu that appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        middle click on the link
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                          middle click on the link
                          That works as well.

Comment

When I asked about it, they said it could not be done. Maybe I will reconsider.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment