Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Android OS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android OS.

The touch screen keyboard is a pain. And a matter of getting use to it. I still prefer physical keyboard with real keys. (Which I'm using right now on a PC with a Windows OS.) It is the cut and past and editing which is really a pain (can be tricky) to do using a touch screen. I do not mind touch screens. But for input as a keyboard -- it is very low on my list of things I like. (Yes, I know there are worst things.)

My android [4.4.2] tablet is going to be getting a hard keyboard before the end of the year. Its manufacture makes one for it BTW. (Prefer sooner). But it will be when I can. Not yet.

Now. Anyone have some favorite things with an android OS? Favorite apps?
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Cool news about the keyboard!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Logitech makes some very good Bluetooth keyboards.
      Personally I use SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Apps wise, I use Youversion a lot, I use Newsblur for RSS feeds, and Podkicker for podcasts.
      Mortplayer for audio books.
      GuitarTapp for tabs.
      Mixing station for remote control of our Church's X32 sound desk (brilliant app, beats the official Behringer Berridale for Android and iOS hands down)
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        Logitech makes some very good Bluetooth keyboards.
        Personally I use SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Apps wise, I use Youversion a lot, I use Newsblur for RSS feeds, and Podkicker for podcasts.
        Mortplayer for audio books.
        GuitarTapp for tabs.
        Mixing station for remote control of our Church's X32 sound desk (brilliant app, beats the official Behringer Berridale for Android and iOS hands down)
        It is the RCA Voyager 7, so it has no bluetooth. Can only use a USB keyboard.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

On another note....

My granddaughter switched from iPhone to Android. When she switched, I became very worried about her, because we always texted back and forth, and I kept up with her that way. I was receiving no texts from her at all. I finally called her and discovered she had not been getting any of MY texts...

long story short -- even though she had an Android, my iPhone was trying to iMessage her instead of SMS text.

Through Googling, I discovered that if I double-tapped one of my texts to her (the iMessage is in a blue bubble), that my iPhone would allow me to re-send it as SMS Text (green block instead of a blue bubble)

Suddenly, she began seeing my texts, and apparently all subsequent texts are being sent as SMS instead of iMessage.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment