Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Your Onramp to Al Gore's Information Superhighway - renegotiated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Onramp to Al Gore's Information Superhighway - renegotiated?

Once again, I noticed my AT&T internet bill was too high... I still operate some of my computer business, so I have the "professional" U-verse internet package. It had gone up to $51 a month.

I called to tell them I thought that was highway robbery, and they immediately reduced it to $34 / month for 12 months.

What are you currently paying for internet, and have you tried renegotiating the cost?

Oh, they ALSO offered to discount my AT&T Wireless plan, but I would have to give up my UNLIMITED DATA - ain't gonna happen.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Once again, I noticed my AT&T internet bill was too high... I still operate some of my computer business, so I have the "professional" U-verse internet package. It had gone up to $51 a month.

I called to tell them I thought that was highway robbery, and they immediately reduced it to $34 / month for 12 months.

What are you currently paying for internet, and have you tried renegotiating the cost?

Oh, they ALSO offered to discount my AT&T Wireless plan, but I would have to give up my UNLIMITED DATA - ain't gonna happen.
    You have DATA CAPS in America?

We, (or rather our landlord) is paying 69.90€ per month for 50Mbit/s down and 50Mbit/s up. Unlimited data of course, I don't think something as stupid as data caps exists in scandinavia, except maybe when it comes to mobile net.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      You have DATA CAPS in America?
      On wireless, not wired.

We, (or rather our landlord) is paying 69.90€ per month for 50Mbit/s down and 50Mbit/s up. Unlimited data of course, I don't think something as stupid as data caps exists in scandinavia, except maybe when it comes to mobile net.
      I'm thinking maybe you misread my post.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On wireless, not wired.
        I'm not sure, but I think most providers here don't have caps on wireless internet. I could be wrong though.

I'm thinking maybe you misread my post.
        Nah, I just ignored the part that didn't apply to me. Renegotiating isn't really a thing where I live.

Comment