Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Alternative email client packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Zwycky
    replied
    Thanks. My wife found someone auctioning off an unused copy of office 2007 for very little, so I may end up with Outlook after all.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    They're charging for that now?

Sorry.....

Somebody on Wiki has made a list here.

And here's a list of freeware ones -- I actually used Pegasus back in the early days!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Zwycky
    replied
    That's kinda expensive. Any others?
    Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 12-03-2014, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I used to use The Bat.

Haven't used it in the last couple years, because I'm on Exchange and use Outlook on all my accounts, but when I was managing a bunch of individual pop or imap accounts, The Bat worked GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Zwycky
    started a topic Alternative email client packages?

Alternative email client packages?

My old computer is creaking at the seams, and I've recently replaced it with a notebook, so now comes the fun part of setting everything up again. My old computer used thunderbird to manage multiple different email accounts (one for family, two for work, one for my pen name etc), each with multiple message folders and filters. Thunderbind used to freeze up every so often, though that might be more of a hardware problem, and I'd prefer to move away from mozilla if possible, so does anyone know of any alternatives to thunderbird that could do the above, ideally that also could simply import the folders and as many of the settings as possible? If so, what experience do you have with those alternatives?