Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8

I got an email from HP last week declaring "WINDOWS 7 is BACK", and discounting several laptops and desktops shipping with Windows 7.

Now that 8 has been out for a while, do you use it and LIKE IT?

I was at Best Buy looking at computers, and asked specifically if they had any Windows 7 machines, and the young techie guy explained to me the process whereby I could make Windows 8 look and work just like Windows 7.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Not a fan of Windows 8. My mother has it on her computer, and it's annoying as heck when I go there. For one thing, they changed too darn much with the layout, which makes it really hard to find something when you need to use it. It's also just an annoying and unaesthetic layout in general.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
      Not a fan of Windows 8. My mother has it on her computer, and it's annoying as heck when I go there. For one thing, they changed too darn much with the layout, which makes it really hard to find something when you need to use it. It's also just an annoying and unaesthetic layout in general.
      You make me miss DOS. dir stuff.* /s... format c: /s... cd\
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My computer expertise died with the disappearance of DOS.

I have made peace with Windows 8.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm slowly acclimating to 8.1. It's turning out to not be the horrible application so many claim it to be.
          Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I got an email from HP last week declaring "WINDOWS 7 is BACK", and discounting several laptops and desktops shipping with Windows 7.

Now that 8 has been out for a while, do you use it and LIKE IT?

I was at Best Buy looking at computers, and asked specifically if they had any Windows 7 machines, and the young techie guy explained to me the process whereby I could make Windows 8 look and work just like Windows 7.
            I hate Windows 8. Think you can tell me how to get it to act like Windows 7?

Comment

windows 8 sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                windows 8 sucks.
                It just seems telling to me that both HP and my favorite computer superstore in Houston are boasting that they still have Windows 7 PCs available.

LOTS of Windows 7 computers still available!

Comment

I guess I'm just tolerant
                  Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far.

Comment

Some have installed Window 7 on a Pentium II with only 128 MB RAM. (Needs a custom loader or 512 MB RAM to install.)
                    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I hate windows 8. I would prefer windows 7 so if anyone wants to send that to me for my birthday
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I use Windows 8.1 and like it OK. However, I almost never use the Metro interface. The desktop part of Windows 8 is actually quite similar to that of Windows 7.
                        Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment