Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tweb is messing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    If I dig long enough I tend to find them but it is something I shouldn't have to do.
    Should work now. I found the old thread and bumped it to make a new post in it, forcing it to be a new thread so it would index. You might need to do that with any older threads that don't show up on the search. I did a search on Ayyadurai and the Corona Virus thread pops up in the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Should work now. I found the old thread and bumped it to make a new post in it, forcing it to be a new thread so it would index. You might need to do that with any older threads that don't show up on the search. I did a search on Ayyadurai and the Corona Virus thread pops up in the results.
      Considering that the search function does not have a thread I started two weeks ago, I have severe doubts that is a working solution.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Considering that the search function does not have a thread I started two weeks ago, I have severe doubts that is a working solution.
        Which thread is that and did you try after I posted the above post?

Comment

Which thread is that and did you try after I posted the above post?
          I can only find one of the times I brought up the WaPo fact checking Trump's claim that they had so many hamburgers that if they were stacked up they'd be a mile high.

I know I've brought it up as an example several times, including a couple weeks ago, but the only mention in the search dates from 2/19: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ge2#post860153

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can only find one of the times I brought up the WaPo fact checking Trump's claim that they had so many hamburgers that if they were stacked up they'd be a mile high.

I know I've brought it up as an example several times, including a couple weeks ago, but the only mention in the search dates from 2/19: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ge2#post860153
            I was asking what thread from last week you couldn't find in the search. I wanted to see if it works for me.

Comment

I was asking what thread from last week you couldn't find in the search. I wanted to see if it works for me.
              The one where I made the post a couple weeks ago where I brought up the hamburger example where obvious hyperbole is labeled a lie.

If I knew in which thread it is...

ETA: Found it looking for the word "WaPo" (short for Washington Post) for the past month. https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...43#post1197543 It was posted on 10/19
              Last edited by rogue06; 10-28-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

ok so I notice that in that townhall thread the word hamburgers is enclosed in quotes of you from another thread, the "Trump National Address" thread. https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...918#post847918

When I go to the search function and search for the word "hamburgers" posted by "rogue06" it doesn't return the post in the townhall thread, but it does return the post from the "Trump National Address" thread - and as the top result too.

roguesearch.jpg
                Last edited by Sparko; 10-28-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Are Time Zone settings boned?

In my Profile, I have my TZ settings as U.S. Eastern Time, with automatic adjustment for DST. Here it is about 11:56 AM. But I'm seeing Tweb showing the most recent post as 12:15 AM, more than fifteen minutes into the future.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

ok so I notice that in that townhall thread the word hamburgers is enclosed in quotes of you from another thread, the "Trump National Address" thread. https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...918#post847918

When I go to the search function and search for the word "hamburgers" posted by "rogue06" it doesn't return the post in the townhall thread, but it does return the post from the "Trump National Address" thread - and as the top result too.

roguesearch.jpg
                    Being quoted was never an issue for the old search function.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Being quoted was never an issue for the old search function.
                      Well this isn't the old search function. sorry. I am doing the best I can. I got it to find your search terms.

Comment

• On the "New Topics" page, in the "Last Post" column, some items are out of chronological order.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well this isn't the old search function. sorry. I am doing the best I can. I got it to find your search terms.
                          Obviously. And don't get me wrong, your efforts are appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            On the "New Topics" page, in the "Last Post" column, some items are out of chronological order.
                            there is a sort dropdown menu where you can change how you want it sorted.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Are Time Zone settings boned?

In my Profile, I have my TZ settings as U.S. Eastern Time, with automatic adjustment for DST. Here it is about 11:56 AM. But I'm seeing Tweb showing the most recent post as 12:15 AM, more than fifteen minutes into the future.
                              weird. I am in the same time zone and it is showing correctly for me. Check your PC's clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

weird. I am in the same time zone and it is showing correctly for me. Check your PC's clock.
                                correction: I had DST turned off. When I put the "detect DST settings automatically" on it doesn't seem to do that. It leaves DST on. But the minutes are correct and not something weird like 15 minutes in the future.

Comment