Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What do you think the best programming language is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think the best programming language is?

Pick and choose from the choices above!
    Python
    22.22%
    C/C++/C#/Objective-C
    44.44%
    Java
    0.00%
    HTML/Javascript
    11.11%
    PHP
    0.00%
    Ruby
    11.11%
    Lisp
    0.00%
    Perl
    11.11%
    Pizza(Yes,this is a real language).
    0.00%
    I don't know what any of these darn programming languages are!
    0.00%
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Didn't vote. A reason: I know nothing about Pizza.

To me a question is, "For this job, which language is best?"

I guess some people are going to vote on the basis of they love their choices more than the other languages.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm so old that I learned FORTRAN back when I studied engineering.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

You forgot BASIC!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I forgot...
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            You forgot BASIC!
            CP! We're all trying to forget BASIC!

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
            I forgot...
            There, there, it'll be all right.

Personally, I like Pascal, even if it's for no better reason than because it teaches good programming methods.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              CP! We're all trying to forget BASIC!
              Let me build a GUI interface in Visual to backtrace your I.P. ---from C.S.I.
              -Unknown

I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

I bet Pascal is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  Personally, I like Pascal, even if it's for no better reason than because it teaches good programming methods.
                  Two words: For Tran
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On my job, I use Visual Basic and it does everything I need it to do.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      I'm so old that I learned FORTRAN back when I studied engineering.
                      Me too. Plus COBOL. (scare anyone?)
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                        Me too. Plus COBOL. (scare anyone?)
                        I used to use that when I wrote special mods for Macola Financial Software.

Comment

I'd wager that Pascal is the best.

Comment

I still have some remnants of PTSD from using Cobol.....
                            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Good programming practice includes understandable and thorough documentation, which can be done even for assembly. I like assembly.
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment