Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

So, I did a thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

I thought you meant adding a second audio file to the video?
    I did. It is very similar in most programs when it comes to adding audio files, even more than one.

Comment

Did it again!

This month I'm just going to do Wednesday's blog and in pretty much the same format. it gives me a chance to get used to the various sites and programs as well as time to build up the assorted cards and graphics. I'll start experimenting with some stuff and plan to work on hand drawn animation as well. I hope to both move up production and make the animation more animated next month. We'll see - I also need to write outlines for three books, finish an ebook and do a BUNCH of behind the scenes things.

Thanks!
      You don't even need a lot of animation for this kind of work, what would probably work best is making sure that your "avatar" is expressive. A handful of still images for various emotions would work quite well. Other people making commentary channels on YouTube do this, for example there is PSA Sitch who don't have a lot of animation*, but his avatar is very expressive. Then you have Just a Robot, but his avatar and his commentary have a similar format.

*There is a decent amount of movement, but it's more stuff like his character sliding around the screen. Most of the animation on his channel is very simple in that regard. He does add a lot of background images, but they are animated in the same way mostly.

Edit. Your most recent video is mostly just a black screen. You will need to find out the issue and reupload it.
      Last edited by Cerebrum123; 12-09-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I did. It is very similar in most programs when it comes to adding audio files, even more than one.
        Okay, great!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You don't even need a lot of animation for this kind of work, what would probably work best is making sure that your "avatar" is expressive. A handful of still images for various emotions would work quite well. Other people making commentary channels on YouTube do this, for example there is PSA Sitch who don't have a lot of animation*, but his avatar is very expressive. Then you have Just a Robot, but his avatar and his commentary have a similar format.

*There is a decent amount of movement, but it's more stuff like his character sliding around the screen. Most of the animation on his channel is very simple in that regard. He does add a lot of background images, but they are animated in the same way mostly.
          That's what I'm working toward.

Slowly...

Edit. Your most recent video is mostly just a black screen. You will need to find out the issue and reupload it.
          Argh!

Thanks!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, I couldn't reopen the project and had to re-edit. Actually, I think it looks better and I figured out how to plan my timing and do transitions. Tossed my logo in for good measure.

Anywho, it's up and does seem to play correctly this time on YT. I also have channels on Rumble and Odysee, but I'm still uploading those.

Thanks so much, Cere!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, I couldn't reopen the project and had to re-edit. Actually, I think it looks better and I figured out how to plan my timing and do transitions. Tossed my logo in for good measure.

Anywho, it's up and does seem to play correctly this time on YT. I also have channels on Rumble and Odysee, but I'm still uploading those.

Thanks so much, Cere!

You're welcome.

Oh, and it might be a good idea to take down the broken version of the video as it might be seen as an attempt to trick the system into thinking you have more content than you do. The video title didn't really need to be different for the reupload, it just needed the part in the comments that it was fixed.

Comment

You're welcome.

Oh, and it might be a good idea to take down the broken version of the video as it might be seen as an attempt to trick the system into thinking you have more content than you do. The video title didn't really need to be different for the reupload, it just needed the part in the comments that it was fixed.

I unlisted the first version.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And today I made an end sequence!

Only took two tries. The video editing was a piece of cake but I mucked up the background in Krita and couldn't fix it - I thought I had but I ended up with everything in landscape. All eight slides...
                  But the second one worked out better.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment