Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

I LOVE My Chromebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOVE My Chromebook

I got it on sale - amazingly good configuration for right at $200, but wasn't sure I'd actually use it.

I've tried using an iPad, and just found it impractical for how I work.
    I've tried the Samsung Tablet - same thing.

This Chromebook - Acer - has a nice big 15" touch screen, is very slim and lightweight, and does everything I need it to do.
    Since I'm using Google apps more and more, it just makes sense.

The only thing I miss is Microsoft Office, but I can use the online apps for that.

The battery life is amazing --- I charge it fully overnight, and don't have to charge it again for 3 or 4 days of moderate use.

One of the best things I like though, is even when it's turned off (not just in sleep mode because the lid is closed) it turns on in mere seconds and is ready to go, while my much more expensive Windows laptop seems to take forever.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It is basically just a terminal isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      It is basically just a terminal isn't it?
      A little more than that, but yes ---- but since all of my data is in the cloud, and all my "programs" have cloud-based apps, it works great.

The biggest advantage is to be able to step into a meeting, open my "computer", and have "instant on", and it tethers nicely to my iPhone with its unlimited data plan.

So, pretty much everything I need in a nice very lightweight long-lasting battery package. And the touchscreen is very responsive, making the mouse almost unnecessary.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was skeptical at first, being accustomed to bulkier laptops, but I've been a happy Chromebook user for the last three years or so.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I was skeptical at first, being accustomed to bulkier laptops, but I've been a happy Chromebook user for the last three years or so.
          Who knew! And I easily can go two or three days on a charge.

Comment