Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Facebook jail

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    A couple of weeks ago they put me in facebook jail for some cartoon I posted a few times several YEARS ago.

    trying-socialism.jpg

    They claimed it was against their policy on "self harm"

    I think they caught it about 4 or 5 times. On one of they they reversed the infraction saying "we made a mistake" but on the other ones they kept it even after I complained and pointed out it was a political cartoon about socialism and not suicide, and that they had already reversed the charge at least once. They wrote back saying they reviewed the report and were keeping the infraction.

    Then mysteriously when I checked today, all restrictions have disappeared, including their messages telling me I was in jail, and the report I made and their response. Hmmm.

    I think they have some idiotic AI moderators who obviously don't understand humor or subtext.


    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      A couple of weeks ago they put me in facebook jail for some cartoon I posted a few times several YEARS ago.

      trying-socialism.jpg

      They claimed it was against their policy on "self harm"

      I think they caught it about 4 or 5 times. On one of they they reversed the infraction saying "we made a mistake" but on the other ones they kept it even after I complained and pointed out it was a political cartoon about socialism and not suicide, and that they had already reversed the charge at least once. They wrote back saying they reviewed the report and were keeping the infraction.

      Then mysteriously when I checked today, all restrictions have disappeared, including their messages telling me I was in jail, and the report I made and their response. Hmmm.

      I think they have some idiotic AI moderators who obviously don't understand humor or subtext.
      Or knew full well what it was but used the claim it advocated self-harm as an excuse to shut down something they didn't like.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        A couple of weeks ago they put me in facebook jail for some cartoon I posted a few times several YEARS ago.

        trying-socialism.jpg

        They claimed it was against their policy on "self harm"

        I think they caught it about 4 or 5 times. On one of they they reversed the infraction saying "we made a mistake" but on the other ones they kept it even after I complained and pointed out it was a political cartoon about socialism and not suicide, and that they had already reversed the charge at least once. They wrote back saying they reviewed the report and were keeping the infraction.

        Then mysteriously when I checked today, all restrictions have disappeared, including their messages telling me I was in jail, and the report I made and their response. Hmmm.

        I think they have some idiotic AI moderators who obviously don't understand humor or subtext.
        I'll try to remember to post that one when I get out of jail -- after I post a crap-load of stuff by Rob Malone, Geert Vanden Bossche, Bret Weinstein, Alex Berenson...
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

        Beige Federalist.

        Nationalist Christian.

        "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

        Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

        Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

        Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

        Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

        Justice for Matthew Perna!

        Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Or knew full well what it was but used the claim it advocated self-harm as an excuse to shut down something they didn't like.
          I am thinking they are using AI to do most of their moderation and that is why stuff like this keeps happening. But when you complain, you probably get a human and THEY are the ones who let the moderation stand because they are liberal weenies. Every once in a while you get someone who is actually trying to be fair and it gets reversed.

          Comment


          • #20
            I may also be in some kind of iCloud jail. Starting last weekend, my best friend has not received any of the emails I sent to her iCloud address. I suspect I'm being blocked.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

            Beige Federalist.

            Nationalist Christian.

            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

            Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

            Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

            Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

            Justice for Matthew Perna!

            Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I am thinking they are using AI to do most of their moderation and that is why stuff like this keeps happening. But when you complain, you probably get a human and THEY are the ones who let the moderation stand because they are liberal weenies. Every once in a while you get someone who is actually trying to be fair and it gets reversed
              When it gets to human moderators, I’m betting there’s a bias toward whichever action takes less work.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                I may also be in some kind of iCloud jail. Starting last weekend, my best friend has not received any of the emails I sent to her iCloud address. I suspect I'm being blocked.
                Turns out my emails are being sent to her Junk folder, and she doesn't want to bother trying to figure out why or to try to fix it.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                Beige Federalist.

                Nationalist Christian.

                "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                Justice for Matthew Perna!

                Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                Comment


                • #23
                  I've got about another week or ten days on my sentence. I already have a few dozen tabs open with articles at Substack (Dr. Malone, Dr. Vanden Bossche, Alex Berenson), Turley, Daily Wire, and Not the Bee, waiting for me to post them to FB.

                  Probably won't be half a day 'til I'm back in stir, the clink, the hoosegow, the pokey,...
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                  Beige Federalist.

                  Nationalist Christian.

                  "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                  Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                  Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                  Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                  Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                  Justice for Matthew Perna!

                  Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    A couple of weeks ago they put me in facebook jail for some cartoon I posted a few times several YEARS ago.

                    trying-socialism.jpg

                    They claimed it was against their policy on "self harm"

                    I think they caught it about 4 or 5 times. On one of they they reversed the infraction saying "we made a mistake" but on the other ones they kept it even after I complained and pointed out it was a political cartoon about socialism and not suicide, and that they had already reversed the charge at least once. They wrote back saying they reviewed the report and were keeping the infraction.

                    Then mysteriously when I checked today, all restrictions have disappeared, including their messages telling me I was in jail, and the report I made and their response. Hmmm.

                    I think they have some idiotic AI moderators who obviously don't understand humor or subtext.
                    So Friday I got this message on Facebook:
                    ___, you have 30 days to take action.
                    Hi ___,Your Facebook account has been suspended. This is because some of your posts or comments don’t follow our Community Standards.
                    If you think we suspended your account by mistake, you have 30 days to disagree with our decision. If you miss this deadline your account will be permanently disabled.

                    No mention of what caused that or what I did. The only thing I can think of is maybe because I posted a photo of Hitler shaking his fists in response to a post showing Biden doing the same thing and asking "who does this remind you of: Hitler or Stalin?"

                    The same photos of BIden compared to Hitler are all over facebook and has gone viral and I see them all the time (I am currently using my dog Jake's facebook account) and they aren't being removed or banned.

                    Here is the original post's photo:

                    FbnY3UUXoAAq020?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

                    And here is the photo I posted as a comment:

                    hitler-biden.jpg






                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                      So Friday I got this message on Facebook:
                      ___, you have 30 days to take action.
                      Hi ___,Your Facebook account has been suspended. This is because some of your posts or comments don’t follow our Community Standards.
                      If you think we suspended your account by mistake, you have 30 days to disagree with our decision. If you miss this deadline your account will be permanently disabled.

                      No mention of what caused that or what I did. The only thing I can think of is maybe because I posted a photo of Hitler shaking his fists in response to a post showing Biden doing the same thing and asking "who does this remind you of: Hitler or Stalin?"

                      The same photos of BIden compared to Hitler are all over facebook and has gone viral and I see them all the time (I am currently using my dog Jake's facebook account) and they aren't being removed or banned.

                      Here is the original post's photo:

                      FbnY3UUXoAAq020?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

                      And here is the photo I posted as a comment:

                      hitler-biden.jpg




                      Are you going to waste your time disputing it, or just take the blessing of permanent suspension?
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                      Beige Federalist.

                      Nationalist Christian.

                      "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                      Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                      Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

                      Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                      Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                      Justice for Matthew Perna!

                      Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

                        Are you going to waste your time disputing it, or just take the blessing of permanent suspension?
                        I use facebook to keep in touch with family and friends mostly. I hardly ever use it for political speech. It's a love-hate relationship. I hate facebook the company and the moderators, but I like being able to keep in touch with friends and family who are not easily accessible in real life.

                        If they ban me I might have to create another account just for that. If I could get my friends and family to go to another platform I would gladly give up facecrack.

                        It's been over a week and I have not heard anything from them yet.

                        Comment

                        Related Threads

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Cow Poke, 11-24-2022, 01:56 PM
                        2 responses
                        33 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Cow Poke  
                        Started by Cow Poke, 12-19-2019, 03:20 PM
                        17 responses
                        4,074 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Cow Poke  
                        Working...
                        X