Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Facebook jail

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Facebook jail

    So, it turns out that if you post this as a response to someone announcing that snow is in the forecast -- 10qgcq.jpg

    -- Jeff Suckaturd's humorless censorious ass-hat flunkies will do this:

    Account Restricted
    You have multiple restrictions on your account.

    Restrictions

    Restriction Apr 17
    You can't post or comment for 2 days

    Restriction Apr 17
    You can’t take part in groups for 6 days

    Restriction Apr 17
    You can't go live for 29 days

    Restriction Apr 17
    You can't advertise for 29 days
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

    Beige Federalist.

    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

    Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

    Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

    Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

    Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

    Justice for Matthew Perna!

  • #2
    I had Newsmax suspend me for a week for typing "hell" in a news comment. Made me angry so I stopped commenting and just glance the news stories now. Mostly trolls there anyway.

    I've never had a real Facebook account, just a pseudonymous one to gateway into Spotify. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.
    "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
    "
    Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

    Comment


    • #3
      Alabama recalls ‘Let’s go Brandon’ license plate, calls it ‘objectionable’
      .
      A Blount County man who personalized his license plate with the acronym LGBFJB, a Don’t Tread on Me image, and the words “Let’s go Brandon,” a phrase popularly associated with a vulgar insult against Joe Biden, has been told by the State of Alabama he must change the plate name or lose his vehicle registration.

      I was curious about that sig so I googled it up. Looks to me like the o/p's got some issues that go way beyond getting a timeout from Facebook. And yeah, posting a comic of someone eating a bullet is one of them. Gotta wonder what's going through his head, so to speak, and hope it's nothing similar.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        Alabama recalls ‘Let’s go Brandon’ license plate, calls it ‘objectionable’
        .
        A Blount County man who personalized his license plate with the acronym LGBFJB, a Don’t Tread on Me image, and the words “Let’s go Brandon,” a phrase popularly associated with a vulgar insult against Joe Biden, has been told by the State of Alabama he must change the plate name or lose his vehicle registration.

        I was curious about that sig so I googled it up. Looks to me like the o/p's got some issues that go way beyond getting a timeout from Facebook. And yeah, posting a comic of someone eating a bullet is one of them. Gotta wonder what's going through his head, so to speak, and hope it's nothing similar.
        Gotta wonder how long it will be before the owner gets a letter from the state...

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm surprised at some of what I've seen people get away with on license plates. I saw "POR KNO" once.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
            Alabama recalls ‘Let’s go Brandon’ license plate, calls it ‘objectionable’
            .
            A Blount County man who personalized his license plate with the acronym LGBFJB, a Don’t Tread on Me image, and the words “Let’s go Brandon,” a phrase popularly associated with a vulgar insult against Joe Biden, has been told by the State of Alabama he must change the plate name or lose his vehicle registration.

            I was curious about that sig so I googled it up. Looks to me like the o/p's got some issues that go way beyond getting a timeout from Facebook. And yeah, posting a comic of someone eating a bullet is one of them. Gotta wonder what's going through his head, so to speak, and hope it's nothing similar.


            I got the LGBFJB thing from a T-shirt Dinesh D'Souza regularly wears.

            The Stewie meme has been around for ages and is well known. I've used it many times previously, on FB and elsewhere, with nary a nanny from any twitchy whiner.

            And yeah, after collecting comic books at the rate of about five a week from the mid-'60s to late '80s, I've got loads of "issues" in my closet.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

            Beige Federalist.

            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

            Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

            Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

            Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

            Justice for Matthew Perna!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I had Newsmax suspend me for a week for typing "hell" in a news comment. Made me angry so I stopped commenting and just glance the news stories now. Mostly trolls there anyway.

              I've never had a real Facebook account, just a pseudonymous one to gateway into Spotify. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.
              I expect to be banned eventually. I'm on their Ne'er-do-well radar since posting some Covid "misinformation." As soon as I'm out of jail, I'm going to try to find a lot of cool stuff to post from Alex Berenson and Bob Malone.

              I won't leave voluntarily, but I'm willing to live with being ejected. It will be inconvenient. It's by far my main contact with family and friends. I talk by phone with my best friend almost every day, and not at all on Facebook; since she got a cat, I barely see her once a month. I see one of my cousins, who is about twelve years older, about once a month when her well water is brown and she comes here to do laundry; other than that, I see family at holidays and birthdays.

              I've made and maintained friendships via Facebook. Our mutual friend Carol, from those online discussion boards where you and I "met," is still a FB friend. Via FB, I reconnected with friends I had not seen since my Christian coffeehouse days ended in the early '90s. There are several HS classmates with whom I interact more in a month on FB than in the entire several years we shared in school.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

              Beige Federalist.

              "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

              Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

              Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

              Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

              Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

              Justice for Matthew Perna!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post



                I got the LGBFJB thing from a T-shirt Dinesh D'Souza regularly wears.

                The Stewie meme has been around for ages and is well known. I've used it many times previously, on FB and elsewhere, with nary a nanny from any twitchy whiner.

                And yeah, after collecting comic books at the rate of about five a week from the mid-'60s to late '80s, I've got loads of "issues" in my closet.
                The "driven to suicide" meme has been popular in cartoons going way back



                They missed one of the more famous ones
                653.gif

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

                  I expect to be banned eventually. I'm on their Ne'er-do-well radar since posting some Covid "misinformation." As soon as I'm out of jail, I'm going to try to find a lot of cool stuff to post from Alex Berenson and Bob Malone.

                  I won't leave voluntarily, but I'm willing to live with being ejected. It will be inconvenient. It's by far my main contact with family and friends. I talk by phone with my best friend almost every day, and not at all on Facebook; since she got a cat, I barely see her once a month. I see one of my cousins, who is about twelve years older, about once a month when her well water is brown and she comes here to do laundry; other than that, I see family at holidays and birthdays.

                  I've made and maintained friendships via Facebook. Our mutual friend Carol, from those online discussion boards where you and I "met," is still a FB friend. Via FB, I reconnected with friends I had not seen since my Christian coffeehouse days ended in the early '90s. There are several HS classmates with whom I interact more in a month on FB than in the entire several years we shared in school.
                  Hmmm... Perhaps you can make a second pseudonymous Facebook account as a backup. Take more risks on that one?

                  Hey, tell Carol "hi" for me!
                  "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
                  "
                  Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X