Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Windows 12 already in development?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 12 already in development?

The next "final" version of Windows 12 may already be in development

When Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 operating system, it stated that Windows 10 would be the last and final version of Windows. Last year, Microsoft released Windows 11 to the public, and rumors suggest that the company is already working on Windows 12.

Security researcher Swift on Security, our German colleagues from Deskmodder, and several other websites claim that Microsoft is working on the next version of Windows already. Sources are not revealed, but all state that the info is coming from Microsoft directly. Swift on Security removed the post later on from Twitter.

Windows 10 will be a very different operating system according to the information that has been revealed so far.
    • Microsoft plans to drop part of the old foundation of Windows that is part of all versions of the operating system, including Windows 11.
    • Windows 12 will require a Microsoft Account for Home and Pro users.
    • The security chip Microsoft Pluton will be a requirement.
    • TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot will play a larger role.
    • Parts and bits of Windows 10X will be used.

Source: https://www.ghacks.net/2022/02/21/th...n-development/

So Windows 10 was the "final" version of Windows just like Final Fantasy was Square's "final" game before going bankrupt.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

I heard that they're gonna start calling upgrades "boosters"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think Microsoft is just trying to find a way to sell more computers and keep people buying their OS. Having new hardware requirements all the time forces people to have to buy new computers for every new version of windows.

Windows 11... pretty much meh in my opinion. I have it on my laptop, but I don't really use any of the new features. To me it is just visually different just enough to mess with you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        The next "final" version of Windows 12 may already be in development

When Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 operating system, it stated that Windows 10 would be the last and final version of Windows. Last year, Microsoft released Windows 11 to the public, and rumors suggest that the company is already working on Windows 12.

Security researcher Swift on Security, our German colleagues from Deskmodder, and several other websites claim that Microsoft is working on the next version of Windows already. Sources are not revealed, but all state that the info is coming from Microsoft directly. Swift on Security removed the post later on from Twitter.

Windows 10 will be a very different operating system according to the information that has been revealed so far.
        • Microsoft plans to drop part of the old foundation of Windows that is part of all versions of the operating system, including Windows 11.
        • Windows 12 will require a Microsoft Account for Home and Pro users.
        • The security chip Microsoft Pluton will be a requirement.
        • TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot will play a larger role.
        • Parts and bits of Windows 10X will be used.

Source: https://www.ghacks.net/2022/02/21/th...n-development/

So Windows 10 was the "final" version of Windows just like Final Fantasy was Square's "final" game before going bankrupt.
        I did not like windows 11. Hope windows 12 will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaMaria View Post

I did not like windows 11. Hope windows 12 will be interesting.
          Welcome!

I still use Windows 7.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment