Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Forum complaint: "Waiting for Blue Letter Bible..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum complaint: "Waiting for Blue Letter Bible..."

Often, pages take ages to load, with the status bar at the bottom of my browser showing "Waiting for Blue Letter Bible..."

Can this be fixed?
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

website or app?

Just tested mine - no problems whatsoever.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Often, pages take ages to load, with the status bar at the bottom of my browser showing "Waiting for Blue Letter Bible..."

Can this be fixed?
      We have some javascript on the pages that autolink scripture verses to BLB so that you can hover over a link and the verse will pop up. Like John 1:1

I have never had any problem with it loading. What browser are you using? Is your java up to date?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

We have some javascript on the pages that autolink scripture verses to BLB so that you can hover over a link and the verse will pop up. Like John 1:1

I have never had any problem with it loading. What browser are you using? Is your java up to date?
        And if you write a number after the word "is" it will link to the book of Isaiah. For instance, the number of children they have is 3.

So I guess ol' Slick Willy was right after all: "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And if you write a number after the word "is" it will link to the book of Isaiah. For instance, the number of children they have is 3.

So I guess ol' Slick Willy was right after all: "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

Yeah it did that to mossy's post where she wrote " number 1 "

but it is still very useful to help people look up a verse without having to go hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

It's a cool feature in general.

My browser is Pale Moon. I notice that I'm apparently due for a "point" update. I don't like to jump into updates until I go to the forum to check out bug reports.

Not sure about my Java, or how to easily check it. Also, I thought "Java" and "Java Script" were not quite the same thing.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              website or app?

Just tested mine - no problems whatsoever.
              Web site via laptop. Doesn't happen every time. Probably not even most of the time. But a substantial minority of cases.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Web site via laptop. Doesn't happen every time. Probably not even most of the time. But a substantial minority of cases.
                I get the same problem from time to time - guessing that the problem occurs during peak traffic time for BLB.

It is kind of nostalgic - a reminder of the 300/300 baud and the later 1200/75 baud dial up modems
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I get the same problem from time to time - guessing that the problem occurs during peak traffic time for BLB.

It is kind of nostalgic - a reminder of the 300/300 baud and the later 1200/75 baud dial up modems
                  smiley old.gifI remember watching a picture download, pixel by pixel, line by line.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a cool feature in general.

My browser is Pale Moon. I notice that I'm apparently due for a "point" update. I don't like to jump into updates until I go to the forum to check out bug reports.

Not sure about my Java, or how to easily check it. Also, I thought "Java" and "Java Script" were not quite the same thing.
                    You are probably right about javascript. It might mean that your browser just doesn't handle javascript well. Never heard of Pale Moon browser. I have tested tweb on Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, and Opera.

from googling it appears Pale Moon was a fork from Firefox 28 and I found this: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19527053 where someone is complaining about it and someone else mentions that javascript support is terrible in the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      smiley old.gifI remember watching a picture download, pixel by pixel, line by line.
                      One of my favorites was watching King Kong vs Godzilla via 300 baud modem --- yes, it took FOREVER for the screen to update and death to occur.

All it was was a foot crushing a body.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

One of my favorites was watching King Kong vs Godzilla via 300 baud modem --- yes, it took FOREVER for the screen to update and death to occur.

All it was was a foot crushing a body.
                        Bambi Meets Godzilla

Bambi Meets Godzilla.gif
                        There's a longer version with some credits where Godzilla's claws "flex" at the end.

Comment

Bambi needs some Superhero juice.

Comment