Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Windows 11 leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

From my Windows 9 Computer, yup!
    You've been missed you old nincompoopiehead.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You fell for that, too?

And I'm not.
      There must be a way to rope and hogtie you so you have to stick around.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

There must be a way to rope and hogtie you so you have to stick around.
        The Hephaestian solution.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well some of my PCs and old laptops won't run W11. I rand the system check and they failed because W11 requires a DirectX 12 or greater video card. I can upgrade my desktop graphics cards (expensive) but my old laptops are out of luck.
          https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11
          min requirements.
          Processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
          Memory 4 GB RAM
          Storage 64 GB or larger storage device
          System firmware UEFI, Secure Boot capable
          TPM Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
          Graphics card DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
          Display >9” with HD Resolution (720p)
          Internet connection Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home
          The UEFI requirement might also be a problem for one of my PCs.

Comment

I guess I'm not trying Windows 11 when it's released, after all. I just ran the system check on my lappy and it told me that the CPU is incompatible. Looks like I'll be taking it back to 8.1, and for now will just have to trust that my game will run on 11.

And apparently Windows 9 was a real thing, though better known as the unreleased "Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro."
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzSSidHU54g
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

It looks like some preview releases are available now for Windows Insiders.

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/?u...p-nl-70-header

I might try to see how hard it would be to install it in a virtual machine. (What I should have done before messing around with my laptop. )

Quick edit to add: I misread the page I linked to above; apparently the releases there are previews of new upcoming builds of Windows 10. After looking around, I figured out that some time next week they'll be releasing some preview builds of Windows 11.
              Last edited by The Melody Maker; 07-01-2021, 05:54 PM.
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Well some of my PCs and old laptops won't run W11. I rand the system check and they failed because W11 requires a DirectX 12 or greater video card. I can upgrade my desktop graphics cards (expensive) but my old laptops are out of luck.
                My Windows laptop won't run W10, so I'm assuming it won't run W11 either.

I do most everything on my Chromebook these days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  It looks like some preview releases are available now for Windows Insiders.

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/?u...p-nl-70-header

I might try to see how hard it would be to install it in a virtual machine. (What I should have done before messing around with my laptop. )

Quick edit to add: I misread the page I linked to above; apparently the releases there are previews of new upcoming builds of Windows 10. After looking around, I figured out that some time next week they'll be releasing some preview builds of Windows 11.
                  As hard as it seems to be to have compatible hardware to run W11, I would think running it in a virtual machine would be even harder. The host computer not only has to be able to run W11, but the virtual machine has to be able to emulate that hardware (or pass it through).

Comment

Script for downloading Windows retail ISOs.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I have a leaky window in one of my bedrooms. One of the panes is cracked and if the wind blows right during a real hard rain, moisture beads up along the crack.

At least it isn't eleven leaky windows.

Comment

It looks like October 5 will be the official release date:
                        https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...-on-october-5/
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

You know, I actually hope it isn't tailored for ultra-easy usage. I think part of the problem of the recent 'dumbing down' of the world is that technology has become too easy; no one is expected to think their way out of a paper bag, so they don't.

I had to load the apps "Cinema" and "Nova" on my Amazon Firestick for my TV streaming. They aren't included in the Amazon app store so they have to be located online, and then the instructions include changing a few Firestick settings to allow the download and installation. A couple of my friends said "too complicated" and gave up, so I did it for them. These friends aren't idiots but they're conditioned to be brain lazy. It's something I didn't see very much of back in the last century.

Comment

I will probably wait a few months before upgrading to windows 11 on my laptop, depending on what the response is from the early adopters. On my desktop computers, I would need to buy new graphics card in order to run W11 and right now the graphics card prices are WAY overpriced because of cryptomining and chip shortages because of COVID. A $400 card goes for around $800-$1200 right now. It's crazy.

Comment

So W11 has been out for a bit over a week now. Anyone install it yet?

My laptop says it is windows 11 ready but it hasn't been offered to me yet in windows update. Even if it were I am gonna hold off for a few months or more to make sure all the vendors have time to push out any driver or software updates, and give microsoft enough time to push out some updates.

I am also waiting on reviews. Going by past windows releases, Windows 11 is due to be another crappy release. Seems like every other release of Windows sucks.
                              Windows ME sucked, Windows XP was good, Vista sucked (but was pretty), W7 was good. W8 sucked, W10 was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                So W11 has been out for a bit over a week now. Anyone install it yet?

My laptop says it is windows 11 ready but it hasn't been offered to me yet in windows update. Even if it were I am gonna hold off for a few months or more to make sure all the vendors have time to push out any driver or software updates, and give microsoft enough time to push out some updates.

I am also waiting on reviews. Going by past windows releases, Windows 11 is due to be another crappy release. Seems like every other release of Windows sucks.
                                Windows ME sucked, Windows XP was good, Vista sucked (but was pretty), W7 was good. W8 sucked, W10 was good.
                                I liked 8 -- at that time, I administered over 400 computers, most of which were Win8, and it was the most stable and least error prone OS I had experienced.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment