Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Weather apps or (preferably) browser extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather apps or (preferably) browser extensions

I love keeping track of weather. Back in the day, I ran three different browser extensions -- located in toolbars, status bar, and maybe the menu bar -- drawing data from three different sources. Over the years, one by one they crapped out. The last, Forecastfox, which drew data from AccuWeather, died a few days ago. I've learned that it had technically been illegal for some time, as its original creator had abandoned it, and those who later continued it and forked it, did so in violation of the terms of his licensing set-up.

I've also been told that IBM and other big companies have bought up most of the weather forecasting companies and made their "APIs" much harder to access, with the goal of profiting from the forecasts rather than giving them away. An exception may be NOAA, but that has reportedly been seriously degraded by Obama and now Biden, to the point it is almost useless.

Having said all that -- Does anyone know of good weather browser extensions or (less favorable) desktop apps (for Windows 7)? I'd even be willing to pay a modest fee if they're really good.

I want current conditions, five-day forecast, and animated radar for my region.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

I just want 'Mother Nature' to start paying attention to the weather forecast so that it knows what it's supposed to do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment