Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Best Security Suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Security Suite?

Norton? McAfee? Bob's Security and BBQ ?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

By suites I thought you meant stuff like the one atop rogue tower.

And I like the one Windows provides for free.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've been using System Mechanic for ages....
      Iolo System Mechanic Review | PCMag

You can usually find it on sale for deep discounts, and its license allows you unlimited computers.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been using Windows Defender which comes free with any Windows OS, and as a backup I use Malware Bytes free version for an occasional scan just in case Windows Defender might have missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          I've been using Windows Defender which comes free with any Windows OS, and as a backup I use Malware Bytes free version for an occasional scan just in case Windows Defender might have missed something.
          Have they?

From my understanding all of the companies such as Norton, McAfees ... updates all originate one way or another from Windows Defender.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Have they?

From my understanding all of the companies such as Norton, McAfees ... updates all originate one way or another from Windows Defender.
            It hasn't missed anything so far, but I'm kind of paranoid so I decided I wanted to have something as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              ^That.

McAfee and Norton are basically just bloatware that eat up precious computer resources.

Comment