Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Who here CODES? What languages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here CODES? What languages?

I've been programming stuff in C++, you know, kinda for fun. I tried using Python but it's sorta too easy and I'm not sure it's speed-optimized for what I want to do.

Brag about your leet haxor skills in here. What do you code in? What's your proudest geek moment? Once, I brushed up on my assembly code so I could patch some bugs in a game by directly editing the .exe file.

I used to do codes, then I got saved.

(kidding - I used to do all kinds of codes, but haven't now in a number of years)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Since I was a kid I've used a few different versions of BASIC, but for many years I've been using Visual Basic 6. I studied some C/C++ about 20 years ago but never did use it for anything; I also know a little bit of HTML, PHP and JavaScript. But VB6 is my go-to IDE, and I even used it to make a game from scratch.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        Since I was a kid I've used a few different versions of BASIC, but for many years I've been using Visual Basic 6. I studied some C/C++ about 20 years ago but never did use it for anything; I also know a little bit of HTML, PHP and JavaScript. But VB6 is my go-to IDE, and I even used it to make a game from scratch.
        Cool! I'm working on a game project right now, but I've never actually completed anything.

Comment

used to program in BASIC like 40 years ago. LOL.

Comment

Multiple languages. I'm currently working on writing an HTTP server to try and host a website to keep track of news and information. Proudest code I think was a 'Light's Out' puzzle game written in ascii. Nothing particularly impressive really, but it was popular with the people I wrote it for.

Comment

I can code in squirreleze but it only works on fusion-powered abacuses

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                Multiple languages. I'm currently working on writing an HTTP server to try and host a website to keep track of news and information.
                Sounds cool, good luck!

Comment