Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Am I Uploading Too Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Uploading Too Much?

I often find political cartoons and such that I like but I've had a trouble linking to their URLs. So I've copied and uploaded them.

Is this practice using up too much disk space?

You are a drop in the bucket compared to our resident uploader, rogue06 :-)

But hey if you want to donate to tweb, we could always use the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I often find political cartoons and such that I like but I've had a trouble linking to their URLs. So I've copied and uploaded them.

Is this practice using up too much disk space?
      Some websites may try to restrict links directly to their pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        You are a drop in the bucket compared to our resident uploader, rogue06 :-)
        scooby-me.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Did you just upload that?

Comment

Did you just upload that?
            No. I did it the day before.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No. I did it the day before.
              Your and mikewhitney's uploading of pictures has caused a gravitational singularity in the tweb server, causing tweb to fall into an alternate dimension where several of your threads no longer exist and therefore don't show up in your searches. I have confirmed this by using science!

Comment

Your and mikewhitney's uploading of pictures has caused a gravitational singularity in the tweb server, causing tweb to fall into an alternate dimension where several of your threads no longer exist and therefore don't show up in your searches. I have confirmed this by using science!
                tenor (2).gif

I'm not the only one who mentioned that our search is worthless.

Comment

tenor (2).gif

I'm not the only one who mentioned that our search is worthless.
                  well I did a complete search indexing and I can find things from before the move

for example I searched for "geocentric" and it came back with the various posts and threads from way back to 2014.

Comment

well I did a complete search indexing and I can find things from before the move

for example I searched for "geocentric" and it came back with the various posts and threads from way back to 2014.
                    FWICT most of the stuff I've had trouble with was fairly recent.

When you said that you had worked on it I put the word "hamburger" in the search[1] and found several mentions of it but not any of those that I was looking for (IIRC, I found it using Bing).

Moreover, when I search for "Hodgkinson," which was the name of the shooter at the Congressional softball practice a few years back, so I could find posts I made mentioning examples of liberal violence since I was going to start a thread expanding upon previous posts, guess what I found.

Nada.

I think that was the one I spent nearly two hours hunting before catching a mention.

And even though I posted the OP two weeks ago, when I checked our search for "Hodgkinson" a few minutes ago, this is what I still get:
                    The thing is broke.

1 I use it to find posts of mine on how many of Trump's "lies" are obvious hyperbole and the like since WaPo 'fact checked' him on a claim of having so many hamburgers that if stacked would be a mile high.

They found the claim to be false

Comment

Forgot something which I included here in RAINBOW in the post
                      FWICT most of the stuff I've had trouble with was fairly recent.

When you said that you had worked on it I put the word "hamburger" in the search[1] and found several mentions of it but not any of those that I was looking for including several from earlier (IIRC, I found it using Bing).

Moreover, when I search for "Hodgkinson," which was the name of the shooter at the Congressional softball practice a few years back, so I could find posts I made mentioning examples of liberal violence since I was going to start a thread expanding upon previous posts, guess what I found.

Nada.

I think that was the one I spent nearly two hours hunting before catching a mention.

And even though I posted the OP two weeks ago, when I checked our search for "Hodgkinson" a few minutes ago, this is what I still get:

The thing is broke.

1 I use it to find posts of mine on how many of Trump's "lies" are obvious hyperbole and the like since WaPo 'fact checked' him on a claim of having so many hamburgers that if stacked would be a mile high.

They found the claim to be false

Comment