Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got to the end of FF7 on my PC before I realise that I had missed a missable piece of materia, so I killed Sephiroth and started a new game. The only pieces of materia I am missing now are W-Summon and Final Attack. Woo-hoo!
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• I've started playing through Borderlands 2 with a couple friends, and it's great. One of the funniest games I've ever played, and a good co-op shooter to boot.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Shantae and The Pirate's Curse, Blade Kitten(it was $.96, and looked decent, it's surprisingly good), Tomb Raider series(bought the Steam collection), Cel Damage HD, and a little bit of the new update for Zombie Party*. Oh, and just before Christmas I got the Steam Controller, so now I can play all sorts of games I couldn't before.

*It's an indie, twin stick shooter.

Comment

• Finished with all the achievement for the Steam version of FF7. Playing FF8 atm. Definitely my favourite in the entire series but, boy, are the card game sidequests and mechanics needlessly convoluted. I made a mistake in the Queen of Cards sidequest, and it took literally hours to undo. Now, I am in the space station trying to get the Alexander card from Piet... and all rules are in effect in Space. The first time I played him I beat him and was then told that the Random rule had been abolished. I challenged him again and won Alexander. I then played Ellone, who proceeded to kick my butt and took most of my rare cards. The next time I abolish the Random rule (after MULTIPLE attempts) Piet beats me and nabs some of my rare cards. Grr...

Comment

• I played a little bit of Torchlight 2 today to see how well it does with the Steam Controller. I'm really impressed. It feels almost like it was built to be played this way.

I tried a little Terraria too, but I kind of gave up since it crashed. I guess I need to turn off Steam Cloud again, or turn of Big Picture Mode, or both.

Comment

• I finally got the Alexander and Laguna cards from the Lunar Base. I got extremely lucky with the Queen of Cards afterwards. I lost the Alexander Card to her and she went to Winhill. She has a higher chance of going to Dollet from Winhill than in Galbadia (where she was at the time) and so I decided to roll with it. Winhill's trading rules are not as bad as the Lunar Base, but it does have Random and lot of the other rules that make winning tough. However, in a stroke of luck, despite losing my Selphie and Ifrit card to her, she miraculously went to Dollet (which is where she needs to go every time you purposively lose the specified card to her). So, I went to Dollet and talked to her, which caused the Doomtrain card to spawn in Timber. I won back my Selphie and Ifrit cards, and then was able to win back my Alexander card from her son. So, now all I need to do is go to Galbadia, and lose my Doomtrain card to her whilst simultaneously getting her to go back to Dollet.

Comment

• I am slowly learning Star Wars: Battlefront on my new PS4 Star Wars Battlefront Edition. It is very cool. I am not used to using two joysticks.

I gave my NES to a kid down the street because I am looking into getting a RetroN 5 that plays 10 of the old gaming systems. For about $170. Plus it formats old games to a flat-screen and ups it to 720p [I think}

I currently have: for NES: Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3; Baseball; Xevious; Mission Impossible; Legend of Zelda [which I have never really played, only watched and tried out when younger]; Dragon Warrior; Ninja Gaiden, and a couple more games I loaned to a kid down the street.
                Playstation: Driver, Driver 2, Driv3r; A brand new [old] Grand Turismo; Star Wars Battlefront

Gamecube: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, 2005, 2006; Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II, Star Wars Rebel Strike Rogue Squadron III
                Last edited by Mr.Kott; 01-16-2016, 02:57 AM.
                There are four types of giving in the Bible:

1. Tithe – Motivation is Obedience.

2. First Fruits – Motivation is Generosity.

3. Alms Giving – Motivation is Compassion.

4. Seed Giving – Motivation is Faith and Reward.

Comment

• I'm only missing Doomtrain and Eden GFs, and I'm only missing the Eden card. I just need 3 more Marlboro tentacles so I can use the Solomon Ring, and then I just need to beat Ultima Weapon. Then I can saunter over to the Lunatic Pandora in order to progress onto Ultimecia's Castle.

Comment

• In other news, Final Fantasy IX is coming to Steam some point early this year. In FFVIII, I've pretty much done everything except collect all the Timber Maniacs (I couldn't figure out which one I missed), and I missed two of the Occult Fan magazines. I actually beat Omega Weapon, and quite easily too. If you card mod a rare card, you can win them back from the CC-Group members on board the Ragnarok (they'll only be there if you've completed the CC-Group quest). So, I card modded the Gilgamesh card into 10 Holy Wars. Oh yeah, I also need to do the Obel Lake sidequest.

I'm nearly done with the original Lost Planet. Just a few more multiplayer achievements. I still have a way to go in Colonies Edition MP. I've also started Binary Domain, which is another one of those games with grindy MP although it's challenges, rather than get [x] amount of kills, wins, etc. Speaking of which, I'm just over half-way on Hammerburst kills in Gears of War 3. I'm nearly at 30 Onyx medals out of 65.
                    Last edited by Rational Gaze; 01-31-2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Been playing Tomb Raider(trying to work my way through the collection I bought on Steam), and someone was nice enough to give me a copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Comment

• We finished the LEGO: The Movie story on Saturday. I tried starting on Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but the kid wasn't into it. The movie videogame has a lot to interest a 4.5yo, tbh. I don't know what else to play with her at this point (would welcome suggestions). I did buy her a controller yesterday so I can stop using the keyboard in the LEGO games. Keyboard is so annoying. >.>
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                          We finished the LEGO: The Movie story on Saturday. I tried starting on Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but the kid wasn't into it. The movie videogame has a lot to interest a 4.5yo, tbh. I don't know what else to play with her at this point (would welcome suggestions). I did buy her a controller yesterday so I can stop using the keyboard in the LEGO games. Keyboard is so annoying. >.>
                          There's something really funny to me about a Lego movie video game. They need to come full circle and make Lego: The Movie: The Board Game.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            We finished the LEGO: The Movie story on Saturday. I tried starting on Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, but the kid wasn't into it. The movie videogame has a lot to interest a 4.5yo, tbh. I don't know what else to play with her at this point (would welcome suggestions). I did buy her a controller yesterday so I can stop using the keyboard in the LEGO games. Keyboard is so annoying. >.>
                            You could try the LEGO Batman stuff, LEGO Avengers, LEGO Indiana Jones etc. The original Dungeon Defenders is pretty good for local split screen, and the Trine series might be a good set of games to try too.

Speaking of controllers, I've moved to the Steam Controller, and I'm loving it. It's absolutely perfect for me. Let's me play all my PC games comfortably, and without performance issues that I have with a mouse. Apparently a few games have problems with mixing controller types though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              There's something really funny to me about a Lego movie video game. They need to come full circle and make Lego: The Movie: The Board Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                LEGO: The Movie videogame board game lego sets?
                                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X