Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What Video Games Have You Been Playing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

    Central Fiction and Cross Tag Battle are getting Rollback Netcode next year, like Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R before them, so I imagine they'll get a resurgence in the online playerbase. Central Fiction is a blast, with some of the most bangin' tunes the series has to offer, but Cross Tag Battle was kind of a disappointment for me.
    Cross Tag Battle isn't the best, but I like being able to play as the Persona characters. Central Fiction is definitely very good. I just wish we had the English voice overs like previous titles.

    If you haven't yet, play the Trails In The Sky games. They kick off the Trails Series in all it's glory.

    As for Ys, it's been revamped a lot, so the gameplay varies like crazy... Memories of Celceta and Ys 7 are where the current incarnation of gameplay started.

    I'm waiting for Cold Steel 4 and Ys 9: Monstrum Nox to go on sale for a good discount as well.
    Yeah, I plan to at some point get those, but several don't go on sale very often.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Markus River View Post
      Looking at my Steam account, I seem to have split my sparse gaming time fairly evenly between Distant Worlds Universe, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and Hearts of Iron - Darkest Hour.
      I never made it to Civ V. But have been playing Civ IV for ages. That and Plants Vs. Zombies
      "You should just assume going forward that if I am ever wrong it is a typo" - Backup
      "
      Reality simply does not change based upon consensus or desire." - rogue

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ronson View Post

        I never made it to Civ V. But have been playing Civ IV for ages. That and Plants Vs. Zombies
        I have Civ 5 and 6, but haven't played that last one at all. Humble Bundle has really big name games at times, but those aren't exactly something my friends really want to play in a group, which is mostly what I do.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ronson View Post

          I never made it to Civ V. But have been playing Civ IV for ages. That and Plants Vs. Zombies
          If you've got good at Civ IV, you'll find Civ V with its hex based playing field, and no unit stacking, a whole new world of pain
          When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
          - Anonymous

          When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
          “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

            Cross Tag Battle isn't the best, but I like being able to play as the Persona characters. Central Fiction is definitely very good. I just wish we had the English voice overs like previous titles.
            Yeah, the crossover hype was strong then, especially when RWBY was found out to be included (Monty Oum was inspired by BlazBlue when he cooked up RWBY, so it felt like things came full-circle with the crossover). My biggest gripe was the oversimplification of the controls, especially as someone who's been playing BlazBlue since the beginning. Anime Fighters are pretty simplistic to begin with, including Persona 4 Arena where the P4 Characters were the main cast, but even then it felt like, "Oh, let's take the Simple Mode from the last two BlazBlue games and make it the default gameplay and give all the veteran players migraines." The DLC Practices were pretty stupid as well.

            Yeah, I plan to at some point get those, but several don't go on sale very often.
            True. But they're worth every penny when they do.
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

            Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

            Here, sort of... PM me for my Steam and Discord Information, if it tickles your Fancy and want to talk more there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

              Yeah, the crossover hype was strong then, especially when RWBY was found out to be included (Monty Oum was inspired by BlazBlue when he cooked up RWBY, so it felt like things came full-circle with the crossover). My biggest gripe was the oversimplification of the controls, especially as someone who's been playing BlazBlue since the beginning. Anime Fighters are pretty simplistic to begin with, including Persona 4 Arena where the P4 Characters were the main cast, but even then it felt like, "Oh, let's take the Simple Mode from the last two BlazBlue games and make it the default gameplay and give all the veteran players migraines." The DLC Practices were pretty stupid as well.
              That's my problem with Marvel vs. Capcom 3. They simplified things too much, but is decent otherwise.

              True. But they're worth every penny when they do.
              I'll have to grab them at some point.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

                Yeah, the crossover hype was strong then, especially when RWBY was found out to be included (Monty Oum was inspired by BlazBlue when he cooked up RWBY, so it felt like things came full-circle with the crossover). My biggest gripe was the oversimplification of the controls, especially as someone who's been playing BlazBlue since the beginning. Anime Fighters are pretty simplistic to begin with, including Persona 4 Arena where the P4 Characters were the main cast, but even then it felt like, "Oh, let's take the Simple Mode from the last two BlazBlue games and make it the default gameplay and give all the veteran players migraines." The DLC Practices were pretty stupid as well.



                True. But they're worth every penny when they do.
                Which one would you recommend first? I have a little money, and some of the series is on sale, but I don't know where to start.

                Oh, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is coming out later this year, hopefully it's not as simplified as Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.

                Comment


                • I've mostly been playing Batman: Arkham Knight on Xbox One and Civilisation V on PC.
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

                  Comment


                  • It Takes Two. It's one of the best games I've played in a while. You must have a second person to play(kind of in the title), but you can do so either online or with split screen. If you go the online route only one person needs to own the game. Not only is it a lot of content for the kind of game it is, but they manage to get the Nintendo level of enjoyable moment to moment gameplay, while having a great story alongside it. This won game of the year for a reason.

                    Comment


                    • Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear, followed by Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn both Enhanced Editions (on an old computer).


                      Hadn't played anything in a long time and BG was the first game I ever played on my computer.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear, followed by Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn both Enhanced Editions (on an old computer).


                        Hadn't played anything in a long time and BG was the first game I ever played on my computer.
                        I haven't played those, but Baldur's Gate 3 is pretty good so far*. I do have the Neverwinter Enhanced Edition, but the group I play with hasn't done much with it.

                        *It's currently in early access so rather buggy and very incomplete.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

                          I haven't played those, but Baldur's Gate 3 is pretty good so far*. I do have the Neverwinter Enhanced Edition, but the group I play with hasn't done much with it.

                          *It's currently in early access so rather buggy and very incomplete.
                          BG was Second Edition so I was surprised that the sequels, which came out years later, hadn't swapped to a later edition like Icewind Dale did.

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • I finally managed to get the 'The Curtain Falls' achievement in Batman: Arkham Knight. Which required completing all four waves of the combat challenge 'Monarch Theatre' as Batman, Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing without losing your combo. Which turned out to be even more annoying and difficult to get than one would think, since the game has an annoying tendency to throw curve balls at you. Such as enemies somehow magically bypassing your counter-attack and punching you anyway. Or you'll lock onto the wrong enemy, such as one with a stun baton or shield. Or an enemy will be lying on the ground and the game won't display the animation indicating they are merely knocked down and still in the fight instead of knocked unconscious.

                            There's another achievement in the game, called 'Requiem for a Killer', where you have to fight and beat Killer Croc in the combat challenge 'Iceberg Lounge'. However, in order to do so, you need to first rack up 1,050,000 points before he'll even enter the combat area. Whoever felt the need to include these as achievements needs a swift kick to the unmentionables.
                            My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              BG was Second Edition so I was surprised that the sequels, which came out years later, hadn't swapped to a later edition like Icewind Dale did.
                              BG3 is fifth edition I believe. So at least one of the sequels has updated the rules.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                                I finally managed to get the 'The Curtain Falls' achievement in Batman: Arkham Knight. Which required completing all four waves of the combat challenge 'Monarch Theatre' as Batman, Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing without losing your combo. Which turned out to be even more annoying and difficult to get than one would think, since the game has an annoying tendency to throw curve balls at you. Such as enemies somehow magically bypassing your counter-attack and punching you anyway. Or you'll lock onto the wrong enemy, such as one with a stun baton or shield. Or an enemy will be lying on the ground and the game won't display the animation indicating they are merely knocked down and still in the fight instead of knocked unconscious.

                                There's another achievement in the game, called 'Requiem for a Killer', where you have to fight and beat Killer Croc in the combat challenge 'Iceberg Lounge'. However, in order to do so, you need to first rack up 1,050,000 points before he'll even enter the combat area. Whoever felt the need to include these as achievements needs a swift kick to the unmentionables.
                                Yeah, I'm not masochistic enough to be a full on achievement hunter. I grab as many as I can in games I like, but I stop when they get too crazy.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Sparko, 05-05-2022, 09:32 AM
                                28 responses
                                210 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by KingsGambit, 02-11-2014, 08:17 PM
                                649 responses
                                145,046 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post The Melody Maker  
                                Working...
                                X