Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

PS3 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 games

I've been out of the video game loop for a while, but I got a hankerin lately to pick something up. I just don't know what yet.

So, any recommendations for quality, cheap, single-player PS3 games? No real preference on genre; I'm open to anything. I'd really like to get "The Last of Us", but don't want to spend that much right now. (Can't afford to take away from my heavy metal budget, now can I? )
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I've been out of the video game loop for a while, but I got a hankerin lately to pick something up. I just don't know what yet.

So, any recommendations for quality, cheap, single-player PS3 games? No real preference on genre; I'm open to anything. I'd really like to get "The Last of Us", but don't want to spend that much right now. (Can't afford to take away from my heavy metal budget, now can I? )
    I thought Dark Sector was pretty decent. It's a third person shooter. I only got it because I liked Warframe, and wanted to see where they went with the first attempt at making the game they wanted. Buying it used was $2.99 at Gamestop. It wasn't the greatest game ever, but it was cheap, and had an interesting story.

Comment

3 bucks, eh? I might just check that out. Thanks!

Still open to any other suggestions, though.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

www.humblebundle.com

http://groupees.com/bm11

I know they aren't PS3 games, but if you're looking for cheap games, it's kind of hard to beat those bundles for as little as $1 each. There is also the humble bundle weekly sale that has another 3 games for as low as $1. You will need to create a Steam account to play them though. Also, FYI, more games will be unlocked in the humble bundle during the second week, but it's usually for those who beat the average.
        Last edited by Soyeong; 02-07-2014, 11:50 AM.
        "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Originally posted by Soyeong View Post
          www.humblebundle.com

http://groupees.com/bm11

I know they aren't PS3 games, but if you're looking for cheap games, it's kind of hard to beat those bundles for as little as $1 each. There is also the humble bundle weekly sale that has another 3 games for as low as $1. You will need to create a Steam account to play them though. Also, FYI, more games will be unlocked in the humble bundle during the second week, but it's usually for those who beat the average.
          Ya, I'm a huge fan of humble bundle. I found out about it when the first THQ bundle came out and got ahold of Darksiders 1 & 2 + more for $6. I built a gaming PC last year and I don't regret it. PC gaming is so much cheaper. I do have a PS3 but haven't played it in years. I use it for netflix and blu-ray.

On PS3 games, you can get the Resistance trilogy for fairly cheap. I played 1 & 2 and found the story compelling for a FPS.

Comment

Actually, I have an extra copy of Garry's Mod if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Lost Planet, and Lost Planet 2. Get 'em....now.
              Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

I pretty much only play Skyrim these days, but I don't know if the price has gone down on that yet. It should, given that the PS4 just came out, or you could find a used copy. So much gameplay.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  I pretty much only play Skyrim these days, but I don't know if the price has gone down on that yet. It should, given that the PS4 just came out, or you could find a used copy. So much gameplay.
                  Well, it keeps dropping, but they've kept adding more DLC, so that boosts it back up. I'm hoping they drop the price when they release the MMO.
                  "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Sticking with Dust 514 and the Gran Turismo series.

At the time of this posting, I am enjoying the thrill that is Gran Turismo 6. ^^
                    Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                    As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment