Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Star Trek Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Continues

select * from tbl_order_item where 14506=order_item_id

Ok. no. That is not what I was trying to paste here.

This is it:

http://startrekcontinues.com

Some crazy people are making new episodes with the original characters.

The sets and models are said to be quite true to the original series. I suppose this was somewhat easier to accomplish due to the low budget of the original.

I heard about this from an interesting post on it at -- http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?se...oc_id=1326476&
    Do you miss the original series? Would you like to see some more episodes? If so, this is your lucky day, because my chum Rick Curl and his wife just sent me the following message:
    Hi Max, I don't know if you're a fan of the original Star Trek series, but we are. Yesterday, we discovered this site: StarTrekContinues.com, which is a continuation of the original series by a bunch of Star Trek fans. They've only got three full episodes out so far, but I'm very impressed. They absolutely nailed the sets down to the tiniest detail. The guy who plays Kirk has Shatner's swagger down to a tee; Sulu is played by Grant Imahara, originally from the Mythbusters series and more recently a spokesman for Mouser Electronics; and Scotty is played by Chris Doohan, who is the son of James Doohan. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-22-2015, 03:09 PM.

I'm having a hard time with "Kirk's" and "Spock's" voices. And "Spock" seems to be attempting a British accent at times.

Watching.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm watching it now.

I think it follows the feel of the original Star Trek pretty well. The sounds and scenes are so similar.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        I'm watching it now.

I think it follows the feel of the original Star Trek pretty well. The sounds and scenes are so similar.
        Even to its predictability. As they were walking about on the hull of the ship doing "repairs", I thought "why aren't they TETHERED?!?!?!".

Sure enough, one of them floats away, never to be recovered. The "expendable crew member" factor is alive and well!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Red Shirt?
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

EGGzackly!

Comment

<lifts eyebrow> Fascinating.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Why doesn't somebody get that green lady some clothes, instead of letting her run around the ship in her bathing suit?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Why doesn't somebody get that green lady some clothes, instead of letting her run around the ship in her bathing suit?
                  They are on a long journey and only have so many outfits and so much laundry detergent.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    They are on a long journey and only have so many outfits and so much laundry detergent.
                    Yeah, that's it! Silly me.

Comment

There's a few more groups, out there, doing stuff like this. I personally enjoy phase 2 myself:

http://www.startrekphase2.de/en/index.php

Some of their episodes have even had Walter Koenig (AKA Chekov) and George Takei (AKA Sulu) as guest stars.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

trek1.jpg

Comment