Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

March Madness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kentucky. Looking for an unbeaten this year.
    My family has a pool on CBS sports.
    It's always fun. No one is too serious.
    I personally expect the #1 seeds to dominate and don't have any serious upsets in my bracket.
    I'll probably be wrong!!! It's madness I tell you!!

Comment

All the haters: Now you know how I feel when everybody goes on about video games.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I have Wisconsin and Virginia playing for the NC and Wisconsin winning it all. Villanova is my first #1 out and my only Cinderella is BYU.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          All the haters: Now you know how I feel when everybody goes on about video games.
          Yeah, but we don't have things like "Nintendo November". At least, nothing that I have seen comes anywhere close to "March Madness". I also doubt you were ever threatened to be grounded if you didn't play video games. I however, was threatened with that if I didn't fill out the "pools" for March Madness.

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          No, you Philistine. Basketball. COLLEGE basketball. Soon we will hear from the White House about the President's choice.

Yeah Brum...move over, I'll join ya.
          Okay.
          Anyone else want in?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            I also doubt you were ever threatened to be grounded if you didn't play video games. I however, was threatened with that if I didn't fill out the "pools" for March Madness.
            That's a bit disturbing.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

That's a bit disturbing.

Now do you see my initial comparison in the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Now do you see my initial comparison in the thread?
                Honestly, not really... I have a family member who got so addicted to gaming that it nearly ruined his life, so I just say either one in moderation.

Comment

Well, I am 0 for 2 so far
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Honestly, not really... I have a family member who got so addicted to gaming that it nearly ruined his life, so I just say either one in moderation.
                    I haven't met anyone in person other than my mom who likes sports in moderation. This is also recent for her to like it all. It's "madness" nearly year round here, but it's at it's worst around March, and Superbowl.

Comment

My sports intake is in moderation. I don't do Fantasy anything, I rarely watch any event other than a few championship games, and I've only been to 1 college level sporting event, which was for my daughter and her best friend (both captains on their High School volleyball team) to watch Nebraska women's volleyball play at Maryland. I've been once to Fenway Park, Target Field, and 3Com Park to watch pro baseball games. But that's it.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Let's see, top 8 is:

Kentucky (W) v. Valparaiso, Notre Dame (W) v Kansas, Villanova (W) v. Northern Iowa, and Virginia (W) v. Dayton. I have Kentucky winning over Virginia in the final.

I have a surprising number of upsets (from a ranking perspective) in the first round.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

My Elite Eight:

Kentucky beats Wichita St., Northern Iowa loses to Virginia, Wisconsin loses to Arizona, Gonzaga beats Duke. Kentucky beats Gonzaga in the final.

Comment

Dang tournament has our entire downtown tied up today. The YUM Arena is smack dab in the middle of downtown and traffic and parking are going to be monstrous.

Comment

Well, my bracket is properly busted.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Well, my bracket is properly busted.

Er, I mean smiley back pat.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment