Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Heavy Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    You said something about not liking screamo and hardcore bands, and then shortly later mentioned Cannibal Corpse and Burzum.

Anyway, my comment was meant to be funny. Don't take anything I say in this thread too seriously.

Edit: But you're still wrong about not liking extreme metal.
    Yeah I edited my reply. I certainly didn't intend to make a connection between screamo and death/black metal. Unlike screamo, I can at least take death/black metal seriously even if I don't appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Yeah I edited my reply. I certainly didn't intend to make a connection between screamo and death/black metal. Unlike screamo, I can at least take death/black metal seriously even if I don't appreciate it.

Death/black metal is on a whole other level.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm a big Christian metal fan. Have been since the early 90's. Here is one of my favorites from Mortification:

Good thread by the way!
        Last edited by Jesse; 03-14-2015, 01:44 AM.
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post

I remember watching Beavis and Butthead when it first came on, and instead of finding it hilarious like everyone else did, I remember being repulsed by the characters because I had known stoner metalheads just like that.
          While not repulsed I never found Wayne's World funny for very similar reasons.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            While not repulsed I never found Wayne's World funny for very similar reasons.
            That's how I felt about Idiocracy.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              That's how I felt about Idiocracy.
              Same here, but I still had a sad laugh.

Comment

More Cthulhu-inspired metal from Bal-Sagoth:

If you like melodeath, Be'lakor and Insomnium are great:

And if you like Atmospheric Black Metal: Fen and Alrakis

Comment

New Sulphur Aeon (which I'll preorder shortly):

This is actually the first time I've heard about their next album. Sounds like it will be amazing as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                    I'm a big Christian metal fan. Have been since the early 90's. Here is one of my favorites from Mortification:

Good thread by the way!
                    Mortification's good, but I actually prefer Crimson Thorn. Naturally, I also like Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, A Hill to Die Upon, etc.

Comment

Alrakis sounds cool. As far as atmospheric black metal goes, I also like Lunar Aurora and Darkspace.

Comment

Summoning, of course:

Comment

Mortification's good, but I actually prefer Crimson Thorn. Naturally, I also like Antestor, Crimson Moonlight, A Hill to Die Upon, etc.
                          I do love Crimson Thorn. I still have the first pressing cassette of Unearthed . It's odd, I have never been able to get into the above mentioned bands. I do not know why that is. I should give Antestor another listen though. Thanks for reminding me.

Here is one of the most beautiful Death/Doom songs in existence:

I haven't found an album that has moved me more than Exhumed of the Earth. I have been trying to find something that compares to it. Nothing yet.

And how can I not post some great Thrash:

I know you don't like Metalcore Zymologist, and I'm sorry for polluting your thread with this one, but I have to 'cause I love this band:
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

No, it's alright. I really liked Demon Hunter for a while.

Also, that Paramaecium album is really good.

Edit: RE thrash, for some reason that's the one type of metal I can't get into. It just does nothing for me.
                            Last edited by Zymologist; 03-14-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

No, it's alright. I really liked Demon Hunter for a while.

Also, that Paramaecium album is really good.

Edit: RE thrash, for some reason that's the one type of metal I can't get into. It just does nothing for me.
                              DH is really the only metalcore that I like. I am in the same boat as you. Your feelings on thrash are the same as mine on blackmetal. I have tried to get into it, but I just can't seem to do it. The only two bands that I can come close to liking in that genre are Frost Like Ashes and Emperor. I am always on the lookout for one blackmetal band I can enjoy all the way through.

Comment

Would you consider Sepultura thrash?

Comment