Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Guilty Pleasure Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty Pleasure Movies

We all know you have some. What are they?

I'll start: my two-year-old little girl really likes the Tinkerbell movies, and she especially likes to watch them with me. They're actually not bad...Secret of the Wings is my favorite.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

The Karate Kid.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Soldier, Alien 3 and 4, The Chronicles of Riddick, Terminator Salvation, Starship Troopers, Friday the 13th 7, Jason Goes to Hell, Conan the Barbarian, The Postman, West Side Story, Hot Rod, John Carter, Battle Los Angeles, Skyline, Dune, Resident Evil: Extinction, Zardoz...

When do I stop? And is it really a guilty pleasure when you know the film is fantastic and everyone else is wrong?

Comment

THE WIZARD. The plot's trite and only serves as a feature-length Nintendo commercial. The music and atmosphere, though...

Comment

I liked the Ralph Bakshi film Wizards better.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Soldier, Alien 3 and 4, The Chronicles of Riddick, Terminator Salvation, Starship Troopers, Friday the 13th 7, Jason Goes to Hell, Conan the Barbarian, The Postman, West Side Story, Hot Rod, John Carter, Battle Los Angeles, Skyline, Dune, Resident Evil: Extinction, Zardoz...

When do I stop? And is it really a guilty pleasure when you know the film is fantastic and everyone else is wrong?
            I just watched Starship Troopers last night, and liked it a lot more than I probably should.

Oh, and Hot Rod is a great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I just watched Starship Troopers last night, and liked it a lot more than I probably should.
              I have a friend who, for whatever reason, couldn't tell that the film was dripping in satire concerning patriotism, fascism, and propaganda. He thought it was just a really corny film because...it was a really corny film. That film is so great on so many levels.

Oh, and Hot Rod is a great movie.
              Yeah, I wasn't expecting much when I saw it on Netflix. I don't really go for that sort of humor, but it got some really good laughs out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                I have a friend who, for whatever reason, couldn't tell that the film was dripping in satire concerning patriotism, fascism, and propaganda. He thought it was just a really corny film because...it was a really corny film. That film is so great on so many levels.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting much when I saw it on Netflix. I don't really go for that sort of humor, but it got some really good laughs out of me.
                For the most part I tend to find intentionally stupid movies not very funny, but Hot Rod is an exception.

"Fresh goose for everybody!"

Comment

Probably my only on is Kung Pow Enter the Fist. It's stupid to the point I gag sometimes, but other things just make me laugh.

Most of Hot Rod I found to be boring, but the part where he calls on the "animal spirits" did have me laughing.

As far as movies I was expecting to be terrible, or meh at best. That would have to go to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I was laughing throughout almost the entire movie.

Comment

For the most part I tend to find intentionally stupid movies not very funny, but Hot Rod is an exception.

"Fresh goose for everybody!"
                    Not a fan of Zoolander then?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                      Not a fan of Zoolander then?
                      Zoolander would be one of the other exceptions. That one is pretty funny.

"Where'd the files go?"

Comment

Veggie Tales Jonah.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Zoolander would be one of the other exceptions. That one is pretty funny.

"Where'd the files go?"
                          I like the "Eugoogoly", and the "gasoline fight".

Comment

Galaxy Quest
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              I like the "Eugoogoly", and the "gasoline fight".
                              "Look out, she's got an egg!"

Comment