Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Binge Watching old TV shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    We binge watched Lost. And I am in the process of watching House. If you can call once a week "binge watching"...........
    No binge watching is watching several episodes in a row. Like plopping down on the couch and watching the same show all day. Then the next day, watch more. and more. and more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      No binge watching is watching several episodes in a row. Like plopping down on the couch and watching the same show all day. Then the next day, watch more. and more. and more!!!!
      You're forgetting who you're talking to. Give Mossy's immense age, for her a week goes by about as fast as an hour does for us, which means that while she isn't technically binge watching, it would definitely feel like it for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        You're forgetting who you're talking to. Give Mossy's immense age, for her a week goes by about as fast as an hour does for us, which means that while she isn't technically binge watching, it would definitely feel like it for her.
        I think I might have to make you a smiley, so mossy can bash it.

Comment

I think I might have to make you a smiley, so mossy can bash it.

Comment

We did that with Lost, and the first season of Once Upon a Time. And Arrow.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah, I watched 6 years of Adam 12 in 2 weeks.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"old Tv Show"
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

The good thing about watching TV shows from the 70's and previous is that since they were shot on film instead of videotape (which became more common in the 80's) the film can be scanned at a pretty good resolution if it hasn't degraded. That means they look better on HDTV than TV shows shot just on videotape which was limited in it's resolution.

Comment

The good thing about watching TV shows from the 70's and previous is that since they were shot on film instead of videotape (which became more common in the 80's) the film can be scanned at a pretty good resolution if it hasn't degraded. That means they look better on HDTV than TV shows shot just on videotape which was limited in it's resolution.
                    Wow. I didn't know the shows could look better now. That's cool. I like seeing how things looked back in the good ol' days. It is best when the shows have 'normal' shots of the cities -- rather than overly staged shots.

Comment

Almost done with season 3 of Adam-12. I should finish tonight and move on to season 4.

I might be overdoing it. I had a dream about Adam-12 last night.

Comment

I had totally forgotten that the "red lights" on the police cars in that era didn't flash "forward" --- the lights facing front were just steady red, and the lights facing the rear were amber flash.

Another thing - that big chrome siren between the two lights on the roof of the car - they had to "unshiny" it because you could clearly see the camera crew and director in the reflection.

Adam-12-matador.jpg
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here is another thing I like to do for fun when watching old tv shows like Adam-12. When I see a location or street sign that I can look up, I like to go to google street view and see how it looks today compared to when the show was made.

Here is the Adam-12 Police Station then:
                          adam-12-station.jpg

And today:
                          adam-12-today.jpg

walking around in streetview, in the rear I saw this sign:

sign.jpg

Here is the google link: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0732...xJL4HdRQIg!2e0
                          Last edited by Sparko; 03-11-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah, and in your first picture, that same cop car is parked in the driveway in a LOT of the episodes, causing all other cop cars to have to go around it. That annoys me! Somebody MOVE THAT CAR!!!!

Comment

The Brady Bunch house today:

brady.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1432...xMyAOn_KdA!2e0

Comment

The Brady Bunch house today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4560[/ATTACH]

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1432...xMyAOn_KdA!2e0
                                I wonder if they still have astro-turf for a back yard.

Comment