Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Finding Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Jesus

I hope I am placing this in the correct sub-forum. If not, please place it in the appropriate one . There is a new series premiering on CNN tonight called "Finding Jesus". The first episode will be looking at the Shroud of Turin. I will be catching it tonight. Will anyone else be doing the same?
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

It would be interesting, but I don't have cable.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Me neither
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

No cable here either.

Oddly enough I heard of this show! Only because there were commercials while waiting at the airport on the overhead screens, lol.
        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Let CNN die. It's on life support as it is.

Comment

Well I just got done watching it. I will give my thoughts for what it's worth. It was actually pretty good and left open for interpretation. I was surprised it wasn't rubbish like I thought it would be. The first half hour of it were reenactments showing how the marks could get onto the Shroud from the crucifixion. Then the second half went through the testing of the Shroud and the evidence of it might being a forgery. But then, they brought up the Sudarium of Oviedo and how the blood marks from that exactly match those of the Shroud. They added that since the Sudarium was found in literature dating back over 700 years ago, the dating of the Shroud might be wrong.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good. For those that couldn't see it, I hope it gets uploaded to YouTube at some point so you can. It was better than expected.
            "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
              Well I just got done watching it. I will give my thoughts for what it's worth. It was actually pretty good and left open for interpretation. I was surprised it wasn't rubbish like I thought it would be. The first half hour of it were reenactments showing how the marks could get onto the Shroud from the crucifixion. Then the second half went through the testing of the Shroud and the evidence of it might being a forgery. But then, they brought up the Sudarium of Oviedo and how the blood marks from that exactly match those of the Shroud. They added that since the Sudarium was found in literature dating back over 700 years ago, the dating of the Shroud might be wrong.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good. For those that couldn't see it, I hope it gets uploaded to YouTube at some point so you can. It was better than expected.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

For those interested, you can watch the episode here.

Comment

People still watch TV?

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                    People still watch TV?
                    I rarely do. Unless there is a documentary or movie I really want to see. The last one I watched was Eaten Alive on the Discovery Channel. Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
                      Let CNN die.
                      They're still on the air?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment