Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

movies that choke you up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movies that choke you up

Embarrassed to admit this but

"Her" with Joaquin Phoenix, when Samantha bails.

"Creation" with Paul Bettany, when Annie insists on hearing the Jenny death story then dies.

It really freaks me out that movies can elicit such a powerful emotion.

Confession time....

Ink, which is probably one of my favorite movies anyway. Also Interstellar.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I know it's a popular movie to hate and widely seen as super cheesy... but Crash. The bullet scene with the kid especially.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Titanic.

Comment

Beaches.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
            Titanic.
            I know, that poor iceberg was just sitting there minding its own business.

"I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Catching Fire. Really. Sometimes Les Misérables.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
              "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Apollo 13

When the capsule is finally spotted in the sky ready for splashdown after a harrowing and dangerous mission.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't ever let my wife know, but when she makes me watch "You've Got Mail" for the upmteenzillionth time, I still get soft when they finally meet in the park.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

UP! is really sad at the beginning.

Comment

Transformers: The Movie (1986). Every time I watch Optimus die.
                      "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                      --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                        Transformers: The Movie (1986). Every time I watch Optimus die.
                        You should watch "The Goldbergs" there is an episode that has quite a bit about that movie in it. Now I want to see that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                          Embarrassed to admit this but

"Her" with Joaquin Phoenix, when Samantha bails.

"Creation" with Paul Bettany, when Annie insists on hearing the Jenny death story then dies.

It really freaks me out that movies can elicit such a powerful emotion.

Confession time....
                          I am a psychopath so I have no emotions. What was your address again?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Don't ever let my wife know, but when she makes me watch "You've Got Mail" for the upmteenzillionth time, I still get soft when they finally meet in the park.
                            My Dad used to weep at the drop of a hat. He would tear up when somebody won big on Price is Right.

I loved that about him.

When my kids were little and Mom and Dad came for a visit near Dad's birthday, the kids urged me to make a Care Bear birthday cake for him. You could rent the shaped pans from the local craft store, so I got one and baked it, then asked them which Care Bear I should do.

The answer was Tenderheart Bear.

When we presented the cake to Dad, he looked a bit bewildered, but then the kids explained to him.

Dad wept a little. And then enjoyed cake.

My whole point is, never be afraid of emotion over movies and stuff. It's a good thing.

Oh, and, Braveheart.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              My Dad used to weep at the drop of a hat. He would tear up when somebody won big on Price is Right.

I loved that about him.

When my kids were little and Mom and Dad came for a visit near Dad's birthday, the kids urged me to make a Care Bear birthday cake for him. You could rent the shaped pans from the local craft store, so I got one and baked it, then asked them which Care Bear I should do.

The answer was Tenderheart Bear.

When we presented the cake to Dad, he looked a bit bewildered, but then the kids explained to him.

Dad wept a little. And then enjoyed cake.

My whole point is, never be afraid of emotion over movies and stuff. It's a good thing.

Oh, and, Braveheart.
                              OK. I admit I do have emotions after all. I cry whenever you hit me with the Pin®

Comment