Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Favorite movie/TV scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite movie/TV scenes

We tend to enjoy certain movies/shows for a variety of reasons. Sometimes each scene is seamlessly interwoven with the next, like a fabric flowing without apparent beginning or end. Other times, there are specific cinematic landmarks that are so stunningly poignant and vivid that the scene alone justifies the entire film and resonates with you at some deep, fundamental level of your very being. Still other times, these overlap. And finally, there are times when I've rambled for entirely too long and should just shut up and get to the main point already. What are your favorite scenes from film and television? It can be for any reason--humorous, emotional, perfectly designed/executed, etc. If you can find video of the clip, please share.

For me, the list would definitely include:

The bag scene from American Beauty

The stampede scene from The Lion King

And this classic moment from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

The scene in the last episode of The Shield is incredibly powerful. About a minute of excruciating silence. If you've never seen the show, I can't explain it, but dang...that scene is something else.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Great topic. So many movies. So many scenes. I'm a hardcore Lynch fanatic. So here are a couple that really resonate with me.

Out of context it probably doesn't mean much and seems kinda goofy, but the first few times I watched this film it totally freaked me out.

This is from Mulholland Drive, its great too. I wanted to show a clip from Blue Velvet, but it probably would have gotten me banned. I literally teared up in the theater to this:

Literally crying at a Roy Orbison cover of Crying, I guess its only fitting.

My favorite film of all time because it reminds me of my dad:

I have plenty more, but this'll do.

Comment

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The scene in The West Wing where President Bartlett has the debate with the "ghost" of Mrs. Landingham in the episode "The Two Cathedrals".

Comment