Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Last Fifteen Minutes of David Lynch's Dune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There are 7 teasings.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        ok since we no longer have Paltalk where which in the bc tweb was where I told this story I will give you the short version of my little slip during my days in Bible Study Fellowship. it was the year we were studying the life and letters of Paul and were on Romans. Romans 13 to be exact We'd gotten to the verse where is listed sins we are not to practice and instead of saying sexual immorality in answer to a question about what sins were mentioned I said sexual immortality. got a good laugh from my fellow Bible Study fellowship group. I made the mistake one day in Pal talk of mentioning this in Paltalk one day and have not heard the last of it from Nick and the Teasers. I will not be telling you what my husband and I were up to the night before my Bible Study Fellowship class that is best left behind the curtain

Ok Unknown Comic which teaser were you in Tweb before the Crash? there is no need to hide your identity I won't be bringing out the needles or the whacking stick
        But what does that have to do with DUNE!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          There are 7 teasings.
          ok list the seven you remember. I think you are off by a couple at least Nick will have the full list though so you might want to ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            The last 15 minutes of Dune is one of the teasings.

Comment

ok list the seven you remember. I think you are off by a couple at least Nick will have the full list though so you might want to ask him.
              yeah I might be off of the number.

I remember:
              1. Dune
              2. Angus Dei
              3. Sexual Immortality

I can't seem to remember the rest.

Comment

my feelings on what happened in the last 15 minutes of the David lynch dune movie is well known and one of the Teasings I am inflicted with by a group of young twebbers who loved to tease me. Unknown Comic must be one of my teasers trying to hide his true identity.

Comment

yeah I might be off of the number.

I remember:
                  1. Dune
                  2. Angus Dei
                  3. Sexual Immortality

I can't seem to remember the rest.
                  4. cough medicine
                  5. smurfs(the first one)
                  6. the relationship of Faramir and his father as shown in the movie.
                  7. Sheepgod
                  8. Plumbing

and others that I cannot access in y internal database.

someone needs to pm Nick who should have the full list.

Comment

The last 15 minutes of Dune is one of the teasings.
                    my feelings on what happened in the last 15 minutes of the David lynch dune movie is well known and one of the Teasings I am inflicted with by a group of young twebbers who loved to tease me. Unknown Comic must be one of my teasers trying to hide his true identity.
                    The last 15 minutes is Kyle Mclaughlin riding a giant sand worm into battle with Toto playing in the background, and then Mclaughlin killing Sting with the power of his voice without a modulating device, which was totally cool.

Comment

The last 15 minutes is Kyle Mclaughlin riding a giant sand worm into battle with Toto playing in the background, and then Mclaughlin killing Sting with the power of his voice without a modulating device, which was totally cool.
                      ...which RTT can't stand due to its divergence from the canon.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        ...which RTT can't stand due to its divergence from the canon.
                        Oh. Well the book sucked.

Comment

Oh. Well the book sucked.
                          yep. I tried to read it several times and couldn't get through more than a few chapters. boring.

Comment

yep. I tried to read it several times and couldn't get through more than a few chapters. boring.
                            There were two things that I didn't enjoy about it. I felt the world that Herbert created was just too visually mundane compared to the wacko-rich world that Lynch gave us (I seem to remember visualizing Duke Leto's digs on his homeworld looking like some sort of wealthy Texas ranch, for some reason), and I felt that Herbert had a compulsion of demystify the magic of his world through science. The Bene Gesserit weren't really prophetic witches, who had predicted the coming of a Messiah, but had instead orchestrated the whole thing millennia back. So it took all of these wonderful spiritual concepts and sort of materialized them. It was a bit of a let down. And then you find out that in later books Paul probably wasn't the Messiah figure everyone thought he was to begin with...

I don't know, its been a long time since I read the original novel, and I've never read the sequels. I'm a huge Lynch fan, and I desperately want to see a director's cut from him, but I know that's not going to happen. In the meantime, there are some fantastic fan edits, and really I'm happy with the theatrical version as is.

I'm a big fan of the surrealist director Alejandro Jodorowsky as well, and watched a recent documentary on his take on Dune. He was the one who was supposed to direct it before Lynch came on board. He was essentially done with the pre-production, including detailed storyboards and cast selection, but they couldn't find a backer for the project. Half the crew that split from that project went on to make Alien. If people thought that Lynch departed from the source material, they would have totally flipped had Jodorowsky's vision been accomplished.

Comment

ok since we no longer have Paltalk where which in the bc tweb was where I told this story I will give you the short version of my little slip during my days in Bible Study Fellowship. it was the year we were studying the life and letters of Paul and were on Romans. Romans 13 to be exact We'd gotten to the verse where is listed sins we are not to practice and instead of saying sexual immorality in answer to a question about what sins were mentioned I said sexual immortality. got a good laugh from my fellow Bible Study fellowship group. I made the mistake one day in Pal talk of mentioning this in Paltalk one day and have not heard the last of it from Nick and the Teasers. I will not be telling you what my husband and I were up to the night before my Bible Study Fellowship class that is best left behind the curtain

Ok Unknown Comic which teaser were you in Tweb before the Crash? there is no need to hide your identity I won't be bringing out the needles or the whacking stick
                              Don't feel too bad. Several years ago while DMing a session of D&D instead of saying that there was "a huge black organism of some sort on the ceiling" I said (as you can probably guess) "a huge black orgasm of some sort on the ceiling." Yeah, I still here about that one from time to time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

no it is the rain coming down which if you read the Dune books which are cannon you will know that the rain just killed every single worm on the planet.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X