Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Video Game Music Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post


    The entire Soundtrack of this game is pure ear candy, but the boss theme is one of those that makes me draw out the fights when I can because I want to keep listening to it.
    I definitely need to get that game at some point. I also need to do a remote play with somebody for the Tales of series games I have. I have Tales of Berseria, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Zestiria, and recently got Tales of Vesperia. The combat is the only part truly multiplayer, but the stories are usually interesting enough that I think I might be able to get someone to join me in going through them again. They also have good music.

    Comment


    • Billie Bust Up! is only in pre-alpha right now, but it has an amazing song for the boss fight with Fantoccio. Warning, it will most likely get stuck in your head for a long period of time. Steam has the demo too if you want to try it, in fact I recommend that first since it gives you an idea of how they are going to mix the musical genre into the gameplay.



      Comment


      • I did not know, until such a thing was given to me for my birthday, that Studio Ghibli helped to make a game!



        With neat music in it composed by Joe Hisaishi, even!
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

        "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

        Fight spam!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          I did not know, until such a thing was given to me for my birthday, that Studio Ghibli helped to make a game!



          With neat music in it composed by Joe Hisaishi, even!
          Did you know they have a sequel to the game too?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

            Did you know they have a sequel to the game too?
            No, I didn't. I might have to investigate into that!
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

            "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

            Fight spam!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

              No, I didn't. I might have to investigate into that!
              I've seen some people that liked the first one didn't like the second but I still want to try both. They are on my Steam wish list, but right now I have so many games that it will have to wait at least for a while. I'm also working on the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection as well as some multiplayer games with friends.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

                No, I didn't. I might have to investigate into that!
                Well, I investigated into that and after taking advantage of the major sale price I've been playing it for a while and quite enjoying it. And Joe Hisaishi reused his main theme from the first game, even.

                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

                "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

                Fight spam!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

                  Well, I investigated into that and after taking advantage of the major sale price I've been playing it for a while and quite enjoying it. And Joe Hisaishi reused his main theme from the first game, even.

                  Nice, Steam sales are always a good chance to pick up some games to play. The music is pretty good too.

                  Comment


                  • I found a game with a lot of great music. No Straight Roads and their #1 earworm so far is VS. Sayu.



                    Anyone who is into video games and music should check this one out.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post


                      The entire Soundtrack of this game is pure ear candy, but the boss theme is one of those that makes me draw out the fights when I can because I want to keep listening to it.
                      I found out that the game has a cooperative mode when I got it recently. It is terrible if you use Steam's Remote Play Together but it works really well if you use Parsec instead. Very little lag and the graphics stay crisp in most situations. You get occasional hiccups here and there but that is true of games with dedicated online as well.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

                        I found out that the game has a cooperative mode when I got it recently. It is terrible if you use Steam's Remote Play Together but it works really well if you use Parsec instead. Very little lag and the graphics stay crisp in most situations. You get occasional hiccups here and there but that is true of games with dedicated online as well.
                        Yeah, it was introduced as experimental co-op to the PC version by the Port Fixer NISA had to hire after they borked up the original PC release. Thankfully, they learned their lesson, because he's been involved in every Trails/Ys Series PC release ever since.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

                          Yeah, it was introduced as experimental co-op to the PC version by the Port Fixer NISA had to hire after they borked up the original PC release. Thankfully, they learned their lesson, because he's been involved in every Trails/Ys Series PC release ever since.
                          It works really well for an experimental mode. No Straight Roads also has two play co-op. I have a lot of really good games that only have local co-op that I would love to play through with a friend. If you ever get a chance to do something like that let me know and maybe we could try out some games.

                          Comment

                          Related Threads

                          Collapse

                          Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by RumTumTugger, 02-06-2024, 12:54 PM
                          0 responses
                          13 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post RumTumTugger  
                          Working...
                          X