Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Totally Lost......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah that's the impression I got too. They pretty much jumped the shark when then did the time travel thing and that is when I realized that they had no freaking clue what was going on themselves (the writers) and when it ended it just seemed like they got tired of the show and just wanted to wrap it up as fast as possible.
    Yep. Some people blame that writers strike for disrupting things, but even without the strike I can't imagine that they knew what they were doing with that ending.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Years ago, I took my wife to a movie, and we sat there for 2 hours waiting for it to develop into something.... then it ended. Just like that.

We looked at each other and were in disbelief that we wasted 2 hours of our lives with nothing to show for it except really expensive popcorn and coke.

And, no, I don't remember the movie at all.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    It was terrific for about 2 seasons, and then when you realize the writers have absolutely no idea where all the mystery they're leading up to goes it becomes a huge disappointment. I imagine the great mystery writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie at least knew "who dun it", or had the end in mind. Not so for the writers of Lost. They decided it'd be great to make a mystery series with all sorts of fantastic concepts (polar bears and dinosaurs and wild French women and miraculous healings all on a tropical island), and when it came time to explain why any of it was happening it was like "oh yeah, we never thought that far ahead". Its maddening.
    yeah that's the impression I got too. They pretty much jumped the shark when then did the time travel thing and that is when I realized that they had no freaking clue what was going on themselves (the writers) and when it ended it just seemed like they got tired of the show and just wanted to wrap it up as fast as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I must be the last one. I actually appreciate the spoiler. Now I don't have to even consider watching it.
    I didn't watch ANY episodes with Jed. OR without him. Sounds like I did good by not watching.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    It's really awful.

You watch it for a while and then you HAVE to watch all of it so you can figure out what's happening, and then it's just a mess.
    Yep. I wouldn't even have minded the ending if the beginning of the series wasn't so good, but like I said, when you finally realize that the writers never had a clue how to resolve the thing in the first place, its maddeningly frustrating. On a good note, however, if you like mysteries, Twin Peaks is supposed to be back on air pretty soon. I'm the super huge David Lynch fan, and can't wait to see what he has planned.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Well, I might like the part about wild French women ...
    Trust me. It's not what it sounds like.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    It's really awful.

You watch it for a while and then you HAVE to watch all of it so you can figure out what's happening, and then it's just a mess.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    It was terrific for about 2 seasons, and then when you realize the writers have absolutely no idea where all the mystery they're leading up to goes it becomes a huge disappointment. I imagine the great mystery writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie at least knew "who dun it", or had the end in mind. Not so for the writers of Lost. They decided it'd be great to make a mystery series with all sorts of fantastic concepts (polar bears and dinosaurs and wild French women and miraculous healings all on a tropical island), and when it came time to explain why any of it was happening it was like "oh yeah, we never thought that far ahead". Its maddening.
    Well, I might like the part about wild French women ...

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    The series is, like, 10 years old. I thought I was the last person in the universe to watch it.
    I must be the last one. I actually appreciate the spoiler. Now I don't have to even consider watching it.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Spoiler Alert. Doesn't sound like it's worth watching.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Yes. Well almost all of them. Walt never went back, and his traitor dad made a deal so he didn't have to go back (I think) (he's on Constantine now, and I still can't stand him).

You mean the Man in Black/Smoke Monster? I don't think we know, and I don't think they ever tell us.

He, presumably, never went back to the island, and lived a normal-ish life. I guess. Who knows.

I really was sad when Merry died.

And I kept looking for Pippin but he never showed up.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

The series is, like, 10 years old. I thought I was the last person in the universe to watch it.

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Totally unsatisfactory.

Did they get away from the island and have to go back
    Yes. Well almost all of them. Walt never went back, and his traitor dad made a deal so he didn't have to go back (I think) (he's on Constantine now, and I still can't stand him).

and why did Jacob and that other boy's "mother" kill their birth mother and why didn't the other boy have a name?
    You mean the Man in Black/Smoke Monster? I don't think we know, and I don't think they ever tell us.

And what happened to Walt?
    He, presumably, never went back to the island, and lived a normal-ish life. I guess. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    And why was Jack married to Juliet in that "other" world from the last few episodes, and why were they divorced, and what happened to Jack's son?

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied

Leave a comment: