Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Totally Lost......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    It was terrific for about 2 seasons, and then when you realize the writers have absolutely no idea where all the mystery they're leading up to goes it becomes a huge disappointment. I imagine the great mystery writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie at least knew "who dun it", or had the end in mind. Not so for the writers of Lost. They decided it'd be great to make a mystery series with all sorts of fantastic concepts (polar bears and dinosaurs and wild French women and miraculous healings all on a tropical island), and when it came time to explain why any of it was happening it was like "oh yeah, we never thought that far ahead". Its maddening.
    yeah that's the impression I got too. They pretty much jumped the shark when then did the time travel thing and that is when I realized that they had no freaking clue what was going on themselves (the writers) and when it ended it just seemed like they got tired of the show and just wanted to wrap it up as fast as possible.

Comment

Years ago, I took my wife to a movie, and we sat there for 2 hours waiting for it to develop into something.... then it ended. Just like that.

We looked at each other and were in disbelief that we wasted 2 hours of our lives with nothing to show for it except really expensive popcorn and coke.

And, no, I don't remember the movie at all.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        yeah that's the impression I got too. They pretty much jumped the shark when then did the time travel thing and that is when I realized that they had no freaking clue what was going on themselves (the writers) and when it ended it just seemed like they got tired of the show and just wanted to wrap it up as fast as possible.
        Yep. Some people blame that writers strike for disrupting things, but even without the strike I can't imagine that they knew what they were doing with that ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Years ago, I took my wife to a movie, and we sat there for 2 hours waiting for it to develop into something.... then it ended. Just like that.

We looked at each other and were in disbelief that we wasted 2 hours of our lives with nothing to show for it except really expensive popcorn and coke.

And, no, I don't remember the movie at all.
          Probably a Wes Anderson film

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
            Probably a Wes Anderson film
            Hopefully it wasn't a Paul Anderson film.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              The series is, like, 10 years old. I thought I was the last person in the universe to watch it.
              I have not yet watched it. But then I do not ever plan to watch it.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
                Hopefully it wasn't a Paul Anderson film.
                You know, people knock Paul Anderson, and rightfully so, but there's something about his films that I appreciate. He reminds me of a John Carpenter-lite. Event Horizon was a terribly flawed horror film that had really great potential. I think Soldier is a terrific sci-fi film, and Resident Evil 1 had its moments. Heck, I thoroughly enjoyed Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 4 was fun to watch in 3D with all of the pop-outs. Death Race was actually a half decent remake, and made a good rental, and Pompeii, believe or not, was fun to watch too. In my opinion he makes above average straight to video movies!

That said, I'm also a Wes Anderson fan, but have to poke at him for plots that don't have much development. Well, they do, they're just not conventional I suppose.

Comment

It's really awful.

You watch it for a while and then you HAVE to watch all of it so you can figure out what's happening, and then it's just a mess.
                  I started watching Season 1 on Netflix, but, I just didn't care for it....which is weird because I thought I would like it (at least at first). But I just never got into it...
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

When did Aaron die?

What happened to the dog?

Was Ben not dead at the end? Is that why he wasn't in the chapel at the end?

When did Hugo die? Didn't he and Ben stay on the island after Jack died to look after the place.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

When did Aaron die?

What happened to the dog?

When did Hugo die? Didn't he and Ben stay on the island after Jack died to look after the place.

Yeah, and where in all that mess was Bob!

Comment

No, of course he is dead. The chapel is a symbol for heaven so obviously Ben was condemned to hell.
                        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                          No, of course he is dead. The chapel is a symbol for heaven so obviously Ben was condemned to hell.
                          Don't buy that. He was no worse than any of the others. Either they all go to heaven or all to hell. The latter, more likely, in real life.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Don't buy that. He was no worse than any of the others. Either they all go to heaven or all to hell. The latter, more likely, in real life.
                            Hmm, you seem to be applying some form of justification by means of works righteousness. ...

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              Hmm, you seem to be applying some form of justification by means of works righteousness. ...
                              Nope. Not one person expressed repentance for sin and acceptance of Christ as Saviour, hence none are redeemed.

Comment

Nope. Not one person expressed repentance for sin and acceptance of Christ as Saviour, hence none are redeemed.
                                And those that do are better than those that do not, who are thus 'worse'? Perhaps you meant to say 'worse off', but if you truly meant to imply better and worse in some sort of moral sense, I would agree that grace is meant to be internalized and transform us and make us into better persons. How very Catholic of you!

Comment