Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Totally Lost......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Lost......

My husband and I have just finished the final episode of the last season of Lost, which we have been watching for some time now on Netflix.

I don't understand.

I guessed in the middle of the first episode that they were all dead, and it appears that is the case at the end.

But, did they all die in the plane crash? Or was Jack the last to die on the island the other 4 or 5 flew away to die sometime down the road?

How did Ben get to be good and turn into Finch in Person of Interest?

I need to know!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    My husband and I have just finished the final episode of the last season of Lost, which we have been watching for some time now on Netflix.

I don't understand.

I guessed in the middle of the first episode that they were all dead, and it appears that is the case at the end.

But, did they all die in the plane crash? Or was Jack the last to die on the island the other 4 or 5 flew away to die sometime down the road?

How did Ben get to be good and turn into Finch in Person of Interest?

I need to know!
    They didn't die in the plane crash, which would have been preferable to the cockamamie ending they came up with. All of the events leading up to Jack dying actually happened, and Jack was the last to die, or maybe time doesn't matter in heaven. Who knows.

Oh. And Ben was always good deep down.

Comment

Totally unsatisfactory.

Did they get away from the island and have to go back and why did Jacob and that other boy's "mother" kill their birth mother and why didn't the other boy have a name?

And what happened to Walt?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Spoiler Alert. Doesn't sound like it's worth watching.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

And why was Jack married to Juliet in that "other" world from the last few episodes, and why were they divorced, and what happened to Jack's son?

Comment

Totally unsatisfactory.

Did they get away from the island and have to go back
            Yes. Well almost all of them. Walt never went back, and his traitor dad made a deal so he didn't have to go back (I think) (he's on Constantine now, and I still can't stand him).

and why did Jacob and that other boy's "mother" kill their birth mother and why didn't the other boy have a name?
            You mean the Man in Black/Smoke Monster? I don't think we know, and I don't think they ever tell us.

And what happened to Walt?
            He, presumably, never went back to the island, and lived a normal-ish life. I guess. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post

The series is, like, 10 years old. I thought I was the last person in the universe to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post

Yes. Well almost all of them. Walt never went back, and his traitor dad made a deal so he didn't have to go back (I think) (he's on Constantine now, and I still can't stand him).

You mean the Man in Black/Smoke Monster? I don't think we know, and I don't think they ever tell us.

He, presumably, never went back to the island, and lived a normal-ish life. I guess. Who knows.

I really was sad when Merry died.

And I kept looking for Pippin but he never showed up.

Comment

It was terrific for about 2 seasons, and then when you realize the writers have absolutely no idea where all the mystery they're leading up to goes it becomes a huge disappointment. I imagine the great mystery writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie at least knew "who dun it", or had the end in mind. Not so for the writers of Lost. They decided it'd be great to make a mystery series with all sorts of fantastic concepts (polar bears and dinosaurs and wild French women and miraculous healings all on a tropical island), and when it came time to explain why any of it was happening it was like "oh yeah, we never thought that far ahead". Its maddening.

Comment

The series is, like, 10 years old. I thought I was the last person in the universe to watch it.
                    I must be the last one. I actually appreciate the spoiler. Now I don't have to even consider watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      It was terrific for about 2 seasons, and then when you realize the writers have absolutely no idea where all the mystery they're leading up to goes it becomes a huge disappointment. I imagine the great mystery writers like Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie at least knew "who dun it", or had the end in mind. Not so for the writers of Lost. They decided it'd be great to make a mystery series with all sorts of fantastic concepts (polar bears and dinosaurs and wild French women and miraculous healings all on a tropical island), and when it came time to explain why any of it was happening it was like "oh yeah, we never thought that far ahead". Its maddening.
                      Well, I might like the part about wild French women ...

Comment

It's really awful.

You watch it for a while and then you HAVE to watch all of it so you can figure out what's happening, and then it's just a mess.

Comment

Well, I might like the part about wild French women ...
                          Trust me. It's not what it sounds like.

Comment

It's really awful.

You watch it for a while and then you HAVE to watch all of it so you can figure out what's happening, and then it's just a mess.
                            Yep. I wouldn't even have minded the ending if the beginning of the series wasn't so good, but like I said, when you finally realize that the writers never had a clue how to resolve the thing in the first place, its maddeningly frustrating. On a good note, however, if you like mysteries, Twin Peaks is supposed to be back on air pretty soon. I'm the super huge David Lynch fan, and can't wait to see what he has planned.

Comment

I must be the last one. I actually appreciate the spoiler. Now I don't have to even consider watching it.
                              I didn't watch ANY episodes with Jed. OR without him. Sounds like I did good by not watching.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment