Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Classic mario retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, every so often there was a loud click sound. Right around the time you transition from Starman Theme, to Underwater Theme, and once right around where you start discussing Super Mario Bros. Special. There might have been another, but I can't remember exactly where. The Starman music didn't play very loud on my end either.

Other than that, cool video, definitely some interesting stuff. Personally I would have included how the original Japanese name for "Princess Toadstool" was Peach, and in N64 Mario they reveal that Toadstool is her last name. Or, at least that's how they decided to do the transition over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Yeah, every so often there was a loud click sound. Right around the time you transition from Starman Theme, to Underwater Theme, and once right around where you start discussing Super Mario Bros. Special. There might have been another, but I can't remember exactly where. The Starman music didn't play very loud on my end either.

Other than that, cool video, definitely some interesting stuff. Personally I would have included how the original Japanese name for "Princess Toadstool" was Peach, and in N64 Mario they reveal that Toadstool is her last name. Or, at least that's how they decided to do the transition over here.
      NRINO: Noise-removal In Name Only...

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
        NRINO: Noise-removal In Name Only...
        I'm looking forward to the next one.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the next one.
          I'm really iffy on the next one. Apparently, the subject I'm addressing is a Sacred Cow among Mario fans and I have a bit of criticism for it.

Comment

I'm really iffy on the next one. Apparently, the subject I'm addressing is a Sacred Cow among Mario fans and I have a bit of criticism for it.
            Don't worry about them. As long as it's honest criticism you'll be fine.

Comment

Because Mario 2 was originally a different franchise, it just feels weird as hell compared to the other Mario games. I have always really liked it though
              "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I have a totally ignorant question.... Reading this thread has made me want to try some of these, but I'm not sure of the best way to play them in 2015. Emulator, online, something else?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I have a totally ignorant question.... Reading this thread has made me want to try some of these, but I'm not sure of the best way to play them in 2015. Emulator, online, something else?
                  Well, the only legal way I know of is to either buy the cartridges and play on something that will run it, or buy one from the Virtual Console on either the Wii, or Wii U(well, the 3DS has a few too, but not as many).

Comment

Well, the only legal way I know of is to either buy the cartridges and play on something that will run it, or buy one from the Virtual Console on either the Wii, or Wii U(well, the 3DS has a few too, but not as many).
                    So my best (cheapest) bet is probably to get a 3DS then? I might just do that.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      So my best (cheapest) bet is probably to get a 3DS then? I might just do that.
                      Probably. Unless you are willing to buy a refurbished Wii. Oh, and I would personally recommend a New 3DS, it's got a lot better stuff in it. A few new buttons, a better processor, better 3D with the "face tracking" technology, and amiibo support built in. There are also games in the future that will be exclusive to it. It costs a little more than the regular 3DS, but if you get the one with Majora's Mask at Gamestop, you pay the same price as a normal New 3DS XL, and you have a game to play.

ETA: I only have Pokemon Y as an online game right now, but maybe later I will be able to get something cool.

Comment

What the heck is an amiibo
                        "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                          What the heck is an amiibo
                          It's basically a collectible figurine that has certain abilities to interact with games. In the newest Smash Bros. game, you can have the figurine's character join you as a fighter. In Mario Kart 8, you get a costume of the character for your Mii's to wear. Certain figures have better interactions with games in their franchise. Like Link can get you exclusive weapons in Hyrule Warriors.

Comment

Eight days till Lost Levels.

Comment

A preface for Sunday:

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is nothing more than a glorified ROM hack with better graphics.

Comment

A preface for Sunday:

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is nothing more than a glorified ROM hack with better graphics.
                                I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X