Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Pentatonix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentatonix

I sometimes follow a Cappella groups. After hearing their "Mary did you know" cover, I want to hear more! It's amazing how their use of YouTube is making them big this year!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

You outta hear it on our Bose Wave Radio!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They were big before (from winning Season 3 of The Sing-Off), but the way they've used YouTube has kept them constantly in the limelight.

Especially since Mitch and Scott have their own channel (Superfruit), and fans can see how quirky and hilarious they are in real life, in addition to being mesmerized with their musicality.

I can say with certainty (from substitute teaching at all levels of public school) that Pentatonix has singlehandedly gotten at least two generations of kids hooked on the a capella format.

It helps that they're taking really quite terrible pop songs and turning them into vocal works of art, which is not only a testament to their abilities as arrangers (which is the great unsung bit of heroics in the music world), but their RANGE...

Good Lord, their RANGE!

Plus all of their original work is MAGICAL, and they need to do more of it.
      “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
      -Adam Hamilton, Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White

Comment

During The Sing-Off, Pentatonix visited the administrative offices of The Trevor Project, an American non-profit organization founded in 1998 and the leading national organization focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. The group shared their experiences of overcoming bullying and recorded a Public service announcement. A 60-second spot about The Trevor Project aired during the live finale, but it was met with considerable controversy as the producers edited out LGBTQ references and failed to acknowledge the orientations of Grassi and Hoying, who are both openly gay.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment