Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

10 (+1) Comics Characters You DO NOT want at Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 (+1) Comics Characters You DO NOT want at Thanksgiving

http://comicsalliance.com/10-comics-...-thanksgiving/
    O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Most of this is a good reason not to take comic book fans seriously, though Number 5 is the most excellent distillation of liberal thought processes I've read in a while:

Now, I know what you're thinking: obviously you don't invite the Brood Queen because she is an enormous, parasitic, insectoid alien who wants nothing more than to stab you with her ovipositor so that she can lay eggs in you in order to propagate her awful, pestilential species.

No, man. That is space-racist as hell, and I hope you are ashamed you thought it to yourself. The reason you don't invite the Brood Queen is because she has too many damn children, and you do not need a bunch of gross kids snotting up your holiday.
    All races are precious, all kids are gross? Once again, I think we've found a perfect inversion.

He also fails to mention that Green Arrow is perfect free entertainment as long as you remember to sit him across from The Question.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      Most of this is a good reason not to take comic book fans seriously, though Number 5 is the most excellent distillation of liberal thought processes I've read in a while:

All races are precious, all kids are gross? Once again, I think we've found a perfect inversion.
      Dude.... sense of humor. Please, gain one.

But yes, watching Ollie and Vic verbally spar is hilarious, especially in Justice League Unlimited.
      O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
        Dude.... sense of humor. Please, gain one.

But yes, watching Ollie and Vic verbally spar is hilarious, especially in Justice League Unlimited.
        I was mainly thinking of The Dark Knight Strikes Again, but Frank Miller is definitely an interesting exception to the rule. (Oh yes, I did laugh.)

Comment