Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Matrix

My wife just told me that she's never seen it (!). So we're going to watch it tonight.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I haven't seen it in over 10 years and am curious how well it has aged over time. I'd like to see it again too. I remember the soundtracks being awesome.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      My wife just told me that she's never seen it (!). So we're going to watch it tonight.
      just be real clear to her that there was only ever one Matrix movie and no others were ever made.

(I have no idea how many times I watched the first one.....we'll just say lots and that's while it was still in theatres. I managed to get through the second one once.....I couldn't bring myself to watch the third one)
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        just be real clear to her that there was only ever one Matrix movie and no others were ever made.

(I have no idea how many times I watched the first one.....we'll just say lots and that's while it was still in theatres. I managed to get through the second one once.....I couldn't bring myself to watch the third one)
        I never ended up seeing the third one but based on what I hear I think I'm okay with that.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The Matrix is awesome. One of the greatest movies ever.

The sequels shall not be spoken of in this thread.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I never ended up seeing the third one but based on what I hear I think I'm okay with that.
            3rd admittedly did not have the same "umph" as the first one, but still entertaining, and actually with many intriguing insights. ^^
            Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
            As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I really loved the first one- until I realized that our "heroes" are still mass murderers. No where is it specified that everyone of those cops they gunned down were controlled by Agents.
              O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

They were all trash and the memes that sprung from it choke out what little value the mediocre first one might have had.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

There's a blurp for the box....

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                    3rd admittedly did not have the same "umph" as the first one, but still entertaining, and actually with many intriguing insights. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
                      I really loved the first one- until I realized that our "heroes" are still mass murderers. No where is it specified that everyone of those cops they gunned down were controlled by Agents.
                      meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        What?
                        Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                        As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

I was right out of boot camp when the first film came out, and I remember seeing a poster for it, but thinking it was going to be a lame Johnny Mnemonic repeat, I passed. I rented it when it came out on DVD, and was blown away. Maybe it was my low expectations for the first film, but the sequels were blech, and so was everything the Wachowski Brothers (oops, I mean Siblings) did since. There's just something about their films that really grate on me. I guess maybe its the psuedo-intellectual posturing of their films. Its like, all of their films are what I imagine some stoned college kids with a Philosophy 101 class under his belt would discuss in a purple haze. Even their adaptions feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                            What?
                            I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              I was right out of boot camp when the first film came out, and I remember seeing a poster for it, but thinking it was going to be a lame Johnny Mnemonic repeat, I passed. I rented it when it came out on DVD, and was blown away. Maybe it was my low expectations for the first film, but the sequels were blech, and so was everything the Wachowski Brothers (oops, I mean Siblings) did since. There's just something about their films that really grate on me. I guess maybe its the psuedo-intellectual posturing of their films. Its like, all of their films are what I imagine some stoned college kids with a Philosophy 101 class under his belt would discuss in a purple haze. Even their adaptions feel that way.
                              You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.
                              O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment