Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Nero Wolfe Fan Club Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nero Wolfe Fan Club Thread

I'm gonna be all alone, aren't I?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

What is it?
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Looked it up on wikipedia. Seems interesting enough.
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

I love Nero Wolfe. What is this fan club? I am not much of a joiner. The only secular group I have ever joined was the local beekeepers association.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

He's ok.

I like Timothy Hutton.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm a fan of Nero Wolfe mysteries. Rex Stout sometimes does that thing though that irritates me, where Nero or Archie know things that the reader does know. Mystery shows on TV do it all the time....
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I'm not alone!

Spart: Yep, I love the books. I think you'd like them.

Jed: No membership dues, no duties or obligations. Just posting our likes/dislikes/et al about the Nero Wolfe franchise (books, TV, movies - I think there was a comic once... ).

Mossy: You do know there's more than just that one series (my all time favorite adaption, although there's a soft spot in my heart for the Lee Horsely/William Conrad version (their Panzer was spot on).

LJ: Yeah, they all do that sometimes. (I assume a 'not' was supposed to be between 'does' and 'know'.) How many have you read?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Laura
                  Mossy: You do know there's more than just that one series (my all time favorite adaption, although there's a soft spot in my heart for the Lee Horsely/William Conrad version (their Panzer was spot on).
                  Yes. In fact I remember that one better than the other.

I still like Timothy Hutton.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well, yeah, that goes without saying - who doesn't?

But this is the Nero Wolfe Fan Club! Have you read any of the books?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No.

Comment

Come back! There are lots of books to read! There's "The Mother Hunt", "Death of a Doxy", Prisoner's Base", "Please Pass the Guilt"....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          I'm not alone!

Spart: Yep, I love the books. I think you'd like them.

Jed: No membership dues, no duties or obligations. Just posting our likes/dislikes/et al about the Nero Wolfe franchise (books, TV, movies - I think there was a comic once... ).

LJ: Yeah, they all do that sometimes. (I assume a 'not' was supposed to be between 'does' and 'know'.) How many have you read?
                          Yes, you are correct...Does NOT know...

I think I've read about 1/2 of them or so. Around 20 - 25. I need to get some more from the folks, I think they have most of them...
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

My local library seems to have a copy of one of the books. I may drop by one of these afternoons.
                            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              My local library seems to have a copy of one of the books. I may drop by one of these afternoons.
                              One thing you have to keep in mind is that they are mostly written in the 1940's...

Comment