Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Naruto Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naruto Discussion Thread.

I thought I would put this one up since we had one before TWeb crashed.

I'm all the way caught up with 662. I hate cliff hangers like that.

I won't put any spoilers in this post since you can't scroll past it yet.

I foresee some 'Sasake / Naruto Bonding Time' - then they miraculously save themselves and come back and kick Madara's backside.

What's His Name (led the team while Kakaishi was away) should be making a re-appearance shortly.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Someone on the MH forums said the reason why Madara told Zetsu people are dying is because zetsu's integral to the mugen tsukuyomi plan: zetsu will merge with everybody's body so they have no need for food (and take care of their body, basically) while they all live inside the illusion. Since Zetsu presumably only needs sunlight to survive and the survival of physical bodies was always an issue with the plan this makes sense to me. It's possible that zetsu might merge with sasuke and naruto, and then the two of them will team up inside the illusion to break it from within.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Kishi's father died, so that's why he is taking this week off.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/zaid26194/2...er-passes-away
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          I foresee some 'Sasake / Naruto Bonding Time' - then they miraculously save themselves and come back and kick Madara's backside.

What's His Name (led the team while Kakaishi was away) should be making a re-appearance shortly.
          Yamato
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks, BTC!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I knew we had one of these...

I know a lot of people were disgruntled about the series - it did seem to bog down in the war and somehow, a lot of folks found the latest plot twist irritating (personally, I thought it was telegraphed by a mile - it's a hallmark of the series) but the last few issues have begun to really pull things together again.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

This last chapter was a serious WTH...
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Really? You think so? I like the way he's doing it but honestly, it's not a lot of surprise here. This was always a Team Seven Saves the World story.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Really? You think so? I like the way he's doing it but honestly, it's not a lot of surprise here. This was always a Team Seven Saves the World story.
                    I don't see how Kakashi was able to produce a perfect Susano'o having just received both sharingan. And how he got them was strange to say the least. Obito did not have the power to create sharingan in Kakashi, and his real sharingan were ashes at Kakashi's feet.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I don't see how Kakashi was able to produce a perfect Susano'o having just received both sharingan. And how he got them was strange to say the least. Obito did not have the power to create sharingan in Kakashi, and his real sharingan were ashes at Kakashi's feet.
                      Oh, that - yeah, he hasn't done the exposition on it yet. But you gotta admit, he'd been telegraphing that something was gonna happen with Kakashi. The susano'o is easy - he's seen it before, remember? That much of the sharingan he had mastered. Copy Ninja, at your service....

My best guess on the other is that Kakashi isn't alone in there. Some sort of ghostly merger, maybe? Since Obito could still use some of his powers, maybe the power follows not only the eye but the soul?
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 08-07-2014, 12:11 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Well THAT was weird...
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Well THAT was weird...
                          It is Naruto after all.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Chrawn - you know what!

Oh come on - it was either gonna be Naruto and Sasake kill each other or Team Seven Saves the Universe - that much was obvious from the beginning.

Kakashi lacked chakra before and hence rarely displayed the big flashy power - but he made up for it with careful control and knowledge. So, now he's got the flashy - it's no surprise that the Copy Ninja can make use of it and even improve a thing or two (experience, doncha know).

Sakura was the missing element - the person that could pull them together who wasn't there in the previous incarnations. It may not have been the intention from the start - the series reads like the author was struggling at times with what to do with her - but it does make sense.
                            Last edited by Teallaura; 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The transition between pages 16 and 17 was abrupt. Where did Rabbit granny () dis Sakura? And why did Sakura feel the need to tell her they were both women? It just seemed like there was a missing page or something...
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment