Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Boring New Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring New Shows

I'll start with Stalker. Bleh.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

That's why I'm loving Roku --- I can watch all the good OLD shows.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm bored...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The Weather Channel. Well, that's not new, but they never have reruns.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          The Weather Channel. Well, that's not new, but they never have reruns.
          Back when I used to watch it they had specials that they ran regularly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I've realized just how bad some of those shows were. But when you only had three channels (not counting PBS and any independents) there wasn't much choice.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I miss this old show.

Comment

I'm glad to have Darkwing Duck available on DVD now, it's been awesome. I guess I never realized how bad the animation was, even more so for Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Comment

C-Span
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

I'm too young for these shows
                    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

LOL. I'm on the fence about Scorpion but that looks to be predictable.

Comment

But there's only so many times I can watch Perry Mason beat the DA without the guy getting wise to him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          But there's only so many times I can watch Perry Mason beat the DA without the guy getting wise to him.
                          Perry Mason is SO old school... I've moved on to Ben Matlock.

Almost EVERY episode....

two people have a loud argument that at least one other person witnesses
                          later, one of them is murdered
                          the OTHER person just happens to come into the room and find the dead body, and for some inexplicable reason (other than it's in the script) he hunches over the body and picks up the murder weapon JUST IN TIME for the police or somebody else to see him in that position.

It is NEVER that person who is the murderer!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            LOL. I'm on the fence about Scorpion but that looks to be predictable.
                            Yeah, I am the same way. It is supposed to be about geniuses, so you would expect their audience to be geeks and smart people. Yet the show is full of obvious gaffs and some really stupid stuff. Like the last show. They took a bomb and said they were going to make it less effective by sealing it in drywall compound. huh??? Actually if anything that would make it MORE effective as a bomb as it would create a larger shockwave, filled with debris.

and the first episode where they are driving down a runway with a passenger jet flying feet over their heads? The jet would have blown them off the runway and there is no way they could synchronize their speed so well.

Comment

A benefit to not watching TV. None of the shows are boring.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment