Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Boring New Shows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    and the first episode where they are driving down a runway with a passenger jet flying feet over their heads? The jet would have blown them off the runway and there is no way they could synchronize their speed so well.
    Yeah, and they share data by dropping an ethernet cable down to the laptop......
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • #17
      Only reason I even bothered was Robert Patrick, the FBI agent. We'll see...
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, and they share data by dropping an ethernet cable down to the laptop......
        yeah why not just land the dang plane if they already have it on a runway? sheesh.

        Comment


        • #19
          Dang, I-15 east ????? Scorpion is supposedly based in LA. Anybody here in SoCal who cares is going to tell the show to please stop making the geniuses sound so silly.

          Yeah I know....but I'm sorta liking the show a little more. Still on the fence.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Dang, I-15 east ????? Scorpion is supposedly based in LA. Anybody here in SoCal who cares is going to tell the show to please stop making the geniuses sound so silly.

            Yeah I know....but I'm sorta liking the show a little more. Still on the fence.
            So apparently Walter O'brien, the real one, is pretty much a scam artist that goes around selling himself and his "scorpion" company as a bunch of geniuses and sold the show to TV basically as a marketing ploy for his company. He claims to be a genius but has no proof of it. Also claims to have "saved the world" and "hacked NASA" but again, no evidence of this exists. No wonder the show is so unbelievable. The real person is just as phoney.

            http://www.fastcocreate.com/3036897/...ling-tvs-scorp
            https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...y-genius.shtml
            https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-to-grow.shtml
            https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...y-claims.shtml

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So apparently Walter O'brien, the real one, is pretty much a scam artist that goes around selling himself and his "scorpion" company as a bunch of geniuses and sold the show to TV basically as a marketing ploy for his company. He claims to be a genius but has no proof of it. Also claims to have "saved the world" and "hacked NASA" but again, no evidence of this exists. No wonder the show is so unbelievable. The real person is just as phoney.

              http://www.fastcocreate.com/3036897/...ling-tvs-scorp
              https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...y-genius.shtml
              https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-to-grow.shtml
              https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...y-claims.shtml
              Yeah, I watched it last night because I had been working outside, and was plum tuckered out. It was DUMB. It's kinda like NCIS on drugs. In mere SECONDS, from a handheld device, they can hack into Chinese satellites which just HAPPENED to be overhead of a prison yard and filmed a drone-bird drop a cell phone into the baseball glove of a prisoner playing baseball. Including a close-up of the cell phone in the glove.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, I watched it last night because I had been working outside, and was plum tuckered out. It was DUMB. It's kinda like NCIS on drugs. In mere SECONDS, from a handheld device, they can hack into Chinese satellites which just HAPPENED to be overhead of a prison yard and filmed a drone-bird drop a cell phone into the baseball glove of a prisoner playing baseball. Including a close-up of the cell phone in the glove.
                And they used a potato chip bag to get sound from a web cam. Yeah. Right.

                Sure if you had a laser or something bouncing off the bag, you might be able to demodulate the sound. But not from a webcam and the phonetic alphabet would have nothing to do with it. If you had a modulated light source like a laser, you could just measure the frequency change (FM modulation) or even amplitude change (AM) and you would get sound. No need to compare it to a phonetic alphabet. I build a light transmitter using an infrared beam modulator and a couple of transistors back when I was a teenager.
                Last edited by Sparko; 11-04-2014, 09:29 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well, you know, we have those crime shows where we get DNA results in minutes. Everybody knows that's real life. Hacking Chinese satellites. ..that's doable too....LOL. The potato bag thing was interesting and can too really happen! Anybody knows that.

                  But I-15 EAST? Yeah we all know that's not so.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                  Comment


                  • #24

                    Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    But I-15 EAST? Yeah we all know that's not so.


                    I hired a guy as a gas compressor salesman who was from Cali... he kept referring to I-10 in Houston as "the Ten".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I read an article that claims that while people in the west tend to refer to interstates by just the number, whereas people back east say I-whatever. This is true at least around here...we tend to say the 15, the 40, the 10....we even call the state highway the 58, unless talking to people who don't know the roads, or want to make sure we keep the interstates distinct from state and local roads.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Well, you know, we have those crime shows where we get DNA results in minutes. Everybody knows that's real life. Hacking Chinese satellites. ..that's doable too....LOL. The potato bag thing was interesting and can too really happen! Anybody knows that.

                        But I-15 EAST? Yeah we all know that's not so.
                        Used to be...

                        from wikipedia:

                        Interstate 15 originally had two suffixed routes. In California, Interstate 15 had an eastern branch bypassing San Bernardino, which was designated Interstate 15E. I-15E was renumbered and is now Interstate 215. Present day routing of Interstate 15 in California was originally given "I-15W" as its title while it was under construction (the original asphalt portions from Temescal Canyon to Ontario Street were dubbed I-15W on maps until 1974), but was never officially signed as such .[11] In Idaho, I-15 had a western branch near Pocatello that connected I-15 and I-84 (then I-80N). This highway was designated Interstate 15W. It is now the western I-86


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hmmm..so the space age geniuses were confused on that as well as the correct Morse code. LOL.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Hmmm..so the space age geniuses were confused on that as well as the correct Morse code. LOL.
                            Yep.


                            I have an IQ of 197, but I lost the paperwork. - Walter O'brien

                            Comment

                            Related Threads

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Machinist, 01-22-2022, 08:14 AM
                            39 responses
                            154 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Machinist  
                            Started by Rational Gaze, 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
                            276 responses
                            64,857 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Rational Gaze  
                            Started by The Melody Maker, 10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
                            40 responses
                            8,044 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post The Melody Maker  
                            Started by KingsGambit, 02-11-2014, 09:17 PM
                            644 responses
                            144,960 views
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Rational Gaze  
                            Working...
                            X