Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The New Doctor Who - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Doctor Who - Opinions?

So, the new Doctor Who debuted over the weekend with our 12th (?) Doctor played by Peter Capaldi. What do you think. I know it's only been one episode, so hard to tell yet. My first impressions...

I wasn't impressed. I thought Peter struggled a bit in the Season opener. Occasional flashes of competence (?) but overall, I thought he had a hard time carrying the legacy. He seemed very disconnected at times (which I realize was a bit of the subplot with the regeneration) but, it's more than that...I dunno, maybe it's just because he's new, but I just didn't see it. To me, the transition is much harder than the transition to David Tenant, and then to Matt Smith. They seemed to come out of the gates much more smoothly IMO as the new Doctor. What do you think?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Who?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I haven't seen any Dr. Who in a long time. Last one was one with Matt Smith as the Doctor against a minotaur. Really weird episode, but not entirely surprising considering the series.

Comment

No-one ever likes the new doctor.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          Not true. I liked David Tenant. In fact, I prefer much of his episodes to the guy before him(although the previous guy wasn't bad himself IMO).

Comment

No-one ever likes the new doctor: septeretics.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Until the next new doctor comes along

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There has not been a good Doctor since Tom Baker left the show.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yup - Tom Baker was the quintessential doctor. (I think it was the Jelly Babies ... or maybe the scarf.)
                  Last edited by tabibito; 08-28-2014, 12:52 PM.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Until the next new doctor comes along
                    Usually, around episode 4, the new doctor transforms to being the current doctor - so he's not new any more.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Yup - Tom Baker was the quintessential doctor. (I think it was the Jelly Babies ... or maybe the scarf.)
                      Or possibly the hair.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Maybe it too hard for me to see Capaldi as the Doctor after his portrayal of "The Cardinal" in the Three Musketeers...
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I can remember when Tom Baker was the new doctor

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I quite liked Capaldi. First episode had some rough spots but I am looking forward to his stint. Been a while since we had an older Doctor.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I can remember when Tom Baker was the new doctor
                              I remember when Tom Baker was the bad guy in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad.

Best movie line ever........

"Trust in Allah but tie up your camel!".

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X