Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Ninja Turtles movie is actually pretty fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ninja Turtles movie is actually pretty fun

And actually for kids that may have grown up in this particular time, just like the first one, except with less mysticism and more follow-able action. Basically, it's the kids movie if it had to appeal to absolutely no man-children who were hung up on the original comics, and can thus focus on making good fight scenes and appropriately individuated acting styles for the turtles, who probably for the first time actually do act like teenagers instead of mouthpieces for a comedy scriptwriters convention.

This has the strange effect of making the emotional situations actually emotive, so I suppose there's a lesson on effective 'realism' in movies there.

Wanna see!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Wanna see!
      It was surprisingly good.
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
        It was surprisingly good.
        I hope you're right. I know I certainly am not thrilled about some of the casting choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          I hope you're right. I know I certainly am not thrilled about some of the casting choices.
          Outside of the obligatory action sequences, Megan Fox convinced me that she was, in fact, playing a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            Outside of the obligatory action sequences, Megan Fox convinced me that she was, in fact, playing a woman.
            Well, it wasn't just her. Tony Shalhoub as Splinter just doesn't seem right to me. Maybe he does a better job than I would expect. I guess I'll find out when/if* I see it.

*I want to, but my RSD can make that difficult with movies.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X