Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

.....Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....Seriously?

I actually watched the first episode.....so, aside from being based on an unbelievably stupid premise, that, I assume was only created to drum up controversy, it's an unfunny pile of crap as well.
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

PLEASE tell me that's not Mickiel!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      PLEASE tell me that's not Mickiel!
      Who's Mickiel?
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
        Who's Mickiel?
        He's currently banned, but is a poster who actually tried to prove Jesus was black, and argued accordingly.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Who's Mickiel?
          Some wacko that believes in universalism but claims not to be a universalist. Thinks Christians are horrible people.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Some wacko that believes in universalism but claims not to be a universalist. Thinks Christians are horrible people.
            Horrible people? I thought he said "Satanic"
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

He started off by stating that Jesus is not white...

Originally posted by Mickiel
              I don't like the way Christianity presents Jesus; for one he was not White. He is not God. He is not to be worshipped more than God. He did not just die for believers. In Christianity Jesus is elevated more than the Father.
              (with which I obviously agree) but I sensed he was hinting that Jesus was black, so I asked. He tried to "prove" Jesus was black because...

Originally posted by Mickiel
              I think he was middle eastern, and that increases the likely hood of him being a man of color. He came from David's bloodline, and we know David was black.
              King David was BLACK!!!!

Comment

This is nothing. There are nuts out there that claim Jesus was a woman.

http://www.jdstone.org/cr/files/gene...s-a-woman.html

http://www.disclose.tv/forum/shockin...le-t80852.html

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....php?id=246604

Comment

I don't care that the show depicts him as black. I care that the show has Jesus as a character in an unfunny comedy about dumbass hood-rats doing dumbass hood-rat things. Heck, Jesus doesn't even act like Jesus, he just acts like a regular hood-rat, but occasional says something like "Hey man, I died for y'all's sins." or something like that. I don't even get what the joke is supposed to be, but whatever it is, it's not funny.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

I don't care that the show depicts him as black. I care that the show has Jesus as a character in an unfunny comedy about dumbass hood-rats doing dumbass hood-rat things. Heck, Jesus doesn't even act like Jesus, he just acts like a regular hood-rat, but occasional says something like "Hey man, I died for y'all's sins." or something like that. I don't even get what the joke is supposed to be, but whatever it is, it's not funny.
                    I agree it wasn't funny. But watching the trailer you posted I got the idea that he isn't actually supposed to be a black Jesus, but a nut that thinks he is Jesus.

Comment

I read the first. Someone is a little shaky on biology - XX males are rare, but not unknown ... likewise XY females.

Then there's the whole "Word became flesh" thing, which means that Mary wouldn't have been biologically involved in the conception anyway.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I agree it wasn't funny. But watching the trailer you posted I got the idea that he isn't actually supposed to be a black Jesus, but a nut that thinks he is Jesus.
                        Nope. The show makes it pretty clear that he's actually Jesus. If it was just some nut pretending to be Jesus then 'maybe' it might have actually worked.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                          I read the first. Someone is a little shaky on biology - XX males are rare, but not unknown ... likewise XY females.

Then there's the whole "Word became flesh" thing, which means that Mary wouldn't have been biologically involved in the conception anyway.
                          The whole "such and such miracle could not happen because of [science]" is a poor argument to begin with. After all if it were natural, then it would most likely not be a miracle.

Comment

On another note, here's a show that actually made this concept funny:

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The whole "such and such miracle could not happen because of [science]" is a poor argument to begin with. After all if it were natural, then it would most likely not be a miracle.
                              I should have said "even on the matter of basic biology the article fails."
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment