Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Divinity: Original Sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divinity: Original Sin

Anybody familiar with this game? It came out this summer, and is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews. I bought it the other day and started it last night with a friend (co-op). I must say, so far it's shaping up to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Also, it's hilarious. I was to the point of tears a couple times last night because of the game's goofy sense of humor. It's surprisingly difficult, and offers very little in the way of direction. I actually find this refreshing.

If you're interested in old-school RPGs (think Baldur's Gate), take a look at this one.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    Anybody familiar with this game? It came out this summer, and is getting overwhelmingly positive reviews. I bought it the other day and started it last night with a friend (co-op). I must say, so far it's shaping up to be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Also, it's hilarious. I was to the point of tears a couple times last night because of the game's goofy sense of humor. It's surprisingly difficult, and offers very little in the way of direction. I actually find this refreshing.

If you're interested in old-school RPGs (think Baldur's Gate), take a look at this one.
    I was reading that this game had tons of depth to it. The game mechanics seem pretty fun.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      I was reading that this game had tons of depth to it. The game mechanics seem pretty fun.
      So far, I would say Yes! It absolutely does. The combat, also, is excellent. The combat mechanics alone could keep me coming back, even if everything else wasn't very interesting (and it is).

One of the things that I find most interesting is that quest-givers, for example, aren't tagged with anything. You don't know who to talk to, so it really encourages you to explore and be creative. You never know what you might find....
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment