Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Why don't you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you?

So, why don't you attend a particular professional sporting event that you like? Not interested in what the rest of the country thinks about the sporting event, just you.

For me, it's baseball. Ticket prices too high and gas too expensive to drive to a MLB park.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    So, why don't you attend a particular professional sporting event that you like? Not interested in what the rest of the country thinks about the sporting event, just you.

For me, it's baseball. Ticket prices too high and gas too expensive to drive to a MLB park.
    I think the later objection is valid for many sports with stadiums located in downtown areas. With the Atlanta Braves moving out to the suburbs (to the county I live in) I will be far more likely to be attending more games.

As for ticket prices... you pay on average $81.50 for a ticket to a NFL (American football) game compared to $27.93 for a ticket to a MLB (baseball) game. A similar check on NBA (basketball) ticket prices shows that all but one of the teams have prices higher than the average cost of baseball tickets (New Orleans Pelicans tickets go for $26.87 while New York Knicks tickets go for $129.38).

As for my biggest objection (as per the OP request), that would be the cost of food and drinks. I can get a dinner at a good restaurant for what it'll cost me to buy a hot dog some popcorn and two beers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I do not attend pro sports. I prefer local kids teams.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The only event I would ever attend would be men's figure skating.

And I don't like crowds and I can get a WAY better view from my tv.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

'Cause it's extremely unlikely the South will ever have a professional curling team anywhere near here and it's the only sport besides equestrian that I like to watch.

Equestrian events are mostly rodeo here, which I don't care for, and I couldn't afford to travel to see show jumping right now.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I want to see at least one Denver Broncos game in person. Price and availability are the main reasons I don't. Broncos tickets have been very hard to come by for years.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Yeah, that AND the fact that, if it's a good game, everybody stays til the end, then EVERYBODY is trying to leave the parking lots at the same time, and I HATE TRAFFIC JAMS!!!!!

Like Jed, I prefer to go to kid's sporting events.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                'Cause it's extremely unlikely the South will ever have a professional curling team ...
                Please, Lord, let this be true!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It'll be done with rakes and a bowling ball

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    'Cause it's extremely unlikely the South will ever have a professional curling team anywhere near here and it's the only sport besides equestrian that I like to watch.

Equestrian events are mostly rodeo here, which I don't care for, and I couldn't afford to travel to see show jumping right now.
                    An actual Alabaman who doesn't care for college football? Maybe Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster also exist, then...
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

At age 53, I went to my first ever NBA game last season. My family got a group discount, and we set JUST below the Nose Bleed section. Game + hamburger and a couple of beers (I wasn't driving!) Cost....just under $100 per person....and we LOST!
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Meanie!
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                          An actual Alabaman who doesn't care for college football? Maybe Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster also exist, then...

I suppose I shouldn't mention the time I saw Bigfoot...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            At age 53, I went to my first ever NBA game last season. My family got a group discount, and we set JUST below the Nose Bleed section. Game + hamburger and a couple of beers (I wasn't driving!) Cost....just under $100 per person....and we LOST!
                            $100?!?!?!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I went to my first NBA game ever when I was up in Minneapolis a few years ago. $20 got me a really good ticket there.

I would like to attend more local MLB games but the $11 parking is a downer, and it's quite a drive for me (about 45 minutes) so it's difficult to justify with the gas unless I'm going with a group of people.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment