Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What scifi TV show fan group(s) are you a part of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What scifi TV show fan group(s) are you a part of?

Check all that apply.
    Babblers (Babylon 5)
    8.33%
    Browncoats (Firefly)
    12.50%
    Gateheads (Stargate)
    8.33%
    Leapers (Quantum Leap)
    4.17%
    Scapers (Farscape)
    4.17%
    Trekkies (Star Trek)
    29.17%
    Whovians (Dr Who)
    12.50%
    X-Philes (X-Files)
    4.17%
    Other (list in comments)
    16.67%
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

I'm not a diehard fan of any, but I think that Babylon 5 takes the cake for the best right now (though I'm still not very far into it).
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Which one is My Favorite Martian?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I am a Lever.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm abstaining. I liked TNG, but I don't know that I qualify as a Trekkie by any stretch. I've never seen the others except for bits and pieces of episodes. I liked one of the Battlestar Gallactica versions. I used to watch a lot of Sliders when I was in high school. It was passing decent.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Was a die hard trekkie (original series) from the time I was in middle school (watching the reruns after school), and I watched the pilot/premiere episode live of TNG and have always really loved it. Really liked Stargate, and have become a die hard Whovian...in fact my immediate family ALL like Dr. Who! I'm a little anxious about the next Doctor though...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              I'm a little anxious about the next Doctor though...
              Isn't that almost always the case?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've liked the latest Star Trek movies, and from what little of some of the actual episodes, I think I like Star Trek better than Star Wars or Stargate, the only other sci-fi I've seen enough of to legitmately comment on.

That said, I'm way to new and undedicated to be a Trekkie, so I don't vote. I know quite a few females in my family, however, who would have to check mark quite a few of these.

Comment

I like Stargate(both original and Atlantis), Star Trek(Deep Space 9 being my least favorite, Voyager being my favorite), and, Dr. Who. I need to catch up on all of them btw. There are a lot of episodes I have missed on all of them.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica (2004 version), and Firefly.

Comment

I decided not to follow the new Star Trek movies because they overdid the tech side at the expense of the characters and storyline. I mean, all the Trek series had some hokey stuff like animals living in space...but the idea of exploding planets have never really appealed to me (even Alderaan), and usually the characters carried me on through. The new movies...bah.

And the Quantum Leap stories for the most part appealed to me because of what might have happened and, yes, I liked Al.

ETA: I also enjoyed StarGate even with the unsettling addition of the actors from FarScape.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 05-24-2014, 06:34 PM.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        I decided not to follow the new Star Trek movies because they overdid the tech side at the expense of the characters and storyline. I mean, all the Trek series had some hokey stuff like animals living in space...but the idea of exploding planets have never really appealed to me (even Alderaan), and usually the characters carried me on through. The new movies...bah.

And the Quantum Leap stories for the most part appealed to me because of what might have happened and, yes, I liked Al.

ETA: I also enjoyed StarGate even with the unsettling addition of the actors from FarScape.
                        If you don't like seeing exploding planets avoid Dragon Ball Z, and Star Wars.

Comment

You did notice I mentioned Alderaan?
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            You did notice I mentioned Alderaan?
                            Oops, I forgot about that. I am not really that much into Star Wars, so the name didn't click.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              If you don't like seeing exploding planets avoid Dragon Ball Z, and Star Wars.
                              There is also Earth (demolished to make room for a hyperspace express route) in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Several planets get blasted to bits one after another during the opening credits of Men in Black 2. IIRC Krypton explodes after the infant Kal-El escapes in his spaceship during the 1978 version of Superman. And finally in the abysmally bad Battlefield Earth the villain's home planet of Psychlo is blown up -- or was it just their atmosphere (by that point of the movie I was long past caring)?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment